The MT-07 Forum

Tank Decal Design - Feedback?

grahamfz07

• Premium Member

I really like the tank decals on the Yellow MT-07 soI thought I'd try and create a decal for my Red FZ

What do you think, this is a rough concept

[attachment id=659" thumbnail="1][attachment id=660" thumbnail="1][attachment id=661" thumbnail="1]

I think it's just to busy looking already with the black fuel filler surround and that little black tank protector on the top. Plus you have the gripper stuff on the sides of the tank. And the lower portion of the tank is all black with the Yamaha tuning fork badge. Just saying.

modmaster

• Premium Member

looks a bit too retro for such a modern looking bike.

• Premium Member

I like them. What kind of material are you using ? Are you going to sell sets of those ?

• Premium Member
I like them. What kind of material are you using ? Are you going to sell sets of those ?
I havent really got that far. I just drew them up and printed on paper for mock up. Once i get the design done i was going to go talk to a local shop that can print auto wrap,decals. I can share the final design file if you like them, or see what i can get them printed for here

maybe something more subtle, like just Yamaha or FZ-07 with no black background, a clear background so it makes it look like they came on the bike

• Premium Member

This was my attempt at the euro version of the yellow bike graphics

[attachment id=662" thumbnail="1][attachment id=663" thumbnail="1][attachment id=664" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

you could try matching the same font as what they use on the "FZ-07" on the tail of the bike. Might suit the bike better and it would look more stock as well. I'd really like to see you come out with a kick ass tank decal

At first glance, it looks racy, not bad. After further observation it came across as retro and "blocky". If the letters and striping weren't on one big square and were separated it would look better. Don't stop trying unless you're happy with it, you can't please everyone's tastes but you can please yours so don't kill yourself with it.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yeah, i was just having some fun with it yesterday. I like both concepts so far, might have a graphics guy at work tweak them up a bit, im not too savy with visio which ive been doing the rough designs with. hes a yamaha guy too, See what he can do to fix them up a bit

I liked the first set of photos of Yamaha not so much the 07. have you got a price on the sticker?

• Premium Member

I think the bike looks much cleaner without the stickers or the black tank covers? below and towards the back.

• Premium Member

Is the white in the stickers going to be there or will it be your tank showing through the white areas in your concepts?

All in all, I think the concepts would look best without the text in the middle of them. Like the image your added with concept 2, I think adding YAMAHA/FZ-07 outside of the graphic would look the cleanest.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I like it, and the fun thing is you can change it later.

What about the white areas being cut out so they are Red?

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
I like it, and the fun thing is you can change it later. 
What about the white areas being cut out so they are Red?

I gave it to my graphics guy at work today. He is pretty pumped about working on it for me. Hes going to clean it up, try and match the font to the factory fz graphic, and try some different color combos to mock up on the bike. I was thinking about trying the white lettering cut out too!

• 5 months later...

Archived