The MT-07 Forum

EJK Settings from Forum Members

tuninghq

Mine are for the M4, one post above yours. Try leaning out the green value 1-2 steps. Should help with the sluggish feeling rolling on the throttle. I have my green at 5.5 now.

As a general rule of fueling/tuning, when throttle response feels sluggish it's probably a tad too rich.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

You guys are great! I think everyone was able to get their questions answered from other riders.

Anything I missed or did not get answered?

As a reminder, anyone having running issues they can't seem to get out, give us a call and we can help you get it dialed over the phone.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-TuningHQ

• Like 1
d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Yeah, I have an issue...

My front wheel always seems to want to raise up in the air.

Just kidding... I don't want to know the solution to that one!

• Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Ooooh that's a tough one....

If you just keep your tire in the air, it will stop raising off the ground on you.

Let me know if that helps!

-TuningHQ

• Like 1

So I used your advice aesian it's much better now! I wanna dial it in but shipping safr to Hawaii is prob expensive. And they want 275 to dyno here which seems a bit much for just fueling

• Premium Member

Yoshimura Stainless Steel - Baffle In - Snorkel On =

G - 5.0
Y - 6.0
R - 5.5
GB - 4.5
YB - 5.0
RB - 1.0

Still testing out, but so far this one gives no pops and feels the smoothest

SC Project Full Exhaust - snorkel removed - baffle out - stock air filter

Have been getting like 35mpg with stock SC project settings so I took the green and red zone down as shown. Still testing the mpg with new settings.

GRN @ 6 (went down to 4)
YEL @ 7 (went down to 6)
RED @ 5
G/B @ 4.5
Y/B @ 3.5
R/B @ 1

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@jonskelton10,

The G/B adjustment is an accel pump. The accel pump kicks on for a quick second anytime the controller detects a quick throttle opening. The accel pump gives an extra shot of fuel to improve throttle response and crispness of throttle. For example: (sorry its not a street bike example) I turn this adjustment up on my dirt bike when I want to pull some wheelies. Or if I'm riding on a tight trail that is real tacky, I will detune it to keep the front end from lifting when coming out of corners.

The Y/B and R/B are switch point adjustments. These adjustment modes change the RPM/load that a fuel zone will kick on. These modes do not change fuel amounts, but rather when a fuel zone turns on. We can make the zone turn on at a lower RPM/load or a higher RPM/load by lowering or raising the setting.

Check out our EJK interactive demo- you can make adjustments on the controller and see how we affect the fuel curve. Try raising and lowering the Y/B & R/B modes on the controller demo and watch the fuel curve change.
http://www.electronicjetkit.com/demos/HPcurve.swf

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

-TuningHQ

• Like 4

Leo Vince - Baffle In - Snorkel Off =

G - 6.0
Y - 6.0
R - 5.5
GB - 4.5
YB - 3.5
RB - 1.0

Seems to run smooth with great throttle response. Only thing I notice is when I get on it from cruise it seems to lug a bit then once I hit about 8k rpm it pulls like crazy. I'm going to try dropping the G back to 5.5 and then drop to GB until it a more constant accel.

Since the Leo Vince is a similar setup to the Ixil SX1 Full System Exhaust, I used those numbers and it runs fantastic!
Leo Vince - Baffle In - Snorkel Off =

G - 5.5
Y - 6.0
R - 5.5
GB - 3.5
YB - 3.0
RB - 1.0

@booboobusfz07,

See what exhaust we have tested that looks similar to your Scorpion exhaust.
Use those settings as a starting point. Then make minor adjustments until you like the results from there.

Feel free to give us a call if you need help dialing in the EJK.

Also don't forget to get a promo code for the forum member discount before you order the EJK!

-TuningHQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Here are my current settings:  
Mods
M4 exhaust, no baffle, stock air filter/air box, snorkel removed (snorkel only, not the entire top of the air box), O2 sensor disconnected.

Settings
G - 6.0
Y - 7.5
R - 6.5
GB - 4.0
YB - 3.0
RB - 1.0

Notes
I keep a log of every time I change any setting on a Google Sheets spreadsheet with notes of how the change feels. Response in all zones feels good, especially on cooler/less humid days.  For hot and humid summer days it might be a tad too rich but it's certainly not bad; not bad enough that I've tried to adjust the EJK for it.  Tried G = 6.5 and 7.0, easy rolls-ons felt a bit sluggish, suggesting too rich.  Lowered G to 6.0 and roll-on response was much improved.  As of yet I have not checked anything with the SAFR tool.  Still planning some air box/filter mods and possibly an exhaust change, so I'll wait to fine tune it until I think I have the mods I like.  

EDIT: Forgot to mention O2 sensor was disconnected.  Updated "mods" above.

I wanted to thank you for your input and trial and error with these settings. I just installed the M4 today on my bike and used your settings. The only thing I didn't do was remove the baffle. I feel its plenty loud and sounds really good with it in. I did get a few pops here and there on decal so I adjusted the green zone down .5 from what you have. Is this good? Did I adjust the correct zone? I appreciate your input.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I un-snorkeled my air filter and changed all my settings back to the base settings but bumped up the G a half increment from 4 to 4.5. It cut back on the popping when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but not entirely. I then increase it to 5 and the popping stopped all together pretty much except it now pops on decel a little (very little). Is a little decel popping ok? Does that indicate too rich? I don't think there's a perfect setting so I'll just leave it as is unless someone spooks me out of it. It seems very responsive, powerful and getting good gas mileage this way.

G    Y     R   G B   YB    R B
4   6.5   4     2     3.5    1

Beemer

Beemer,

Upshift pop is typically a sign that the yellow adjustment mode is a bit rich. Try reducing the yellow adjustment mode by .5 light settings and see what that gives you.

Did you have the decel pop before raising the green zone to 5? I would lower this back down and see if that eliminates decel pop. We wil try and address the upshift pop issue with the yellow zone.
Decel pop typically happens in lean running conditions, but can also happen under rich conditions. Also check for exhaust leaks and make sure all exhaust bolts are torqued to spec. Even the slightest leak in the exhaust can cause popping.

What exhaust do you have on your bike again? Did you remove the baffle if it was removable on your exhaust?

-TuningHQ

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
castanzarules

Anyone running an Akra carbon, baffle out, stock air filter, snorkel in/out (I'll do either). I'd like to get her dialed in right off the bat! I've searched the forum and haven't found EJK settings for this setup.

I think I made up my mind on ordering an M4 and EJK from Dobeck Performance. They have a nice kit set up for ordering them both at the same time for a good price. Any suggestions on using their base settings or any tweaks? I'll probably leave the snorkel and db killer in. I'm really not looking for any performance increases so much as I just want to be able to hear my engine without losing performance. If it ends up running exactly how it does now but with some volume to it, I'll be more than happy.

Anyone running an Akra carbon, baffle out, stock air filter, snorkel in/out (I'll do either). I'd like to get her dialed in right off the bat! I've searched the forum and haven't found EJK settings for this setup.
Castanzarules, 
We recommend removing the snorkel lid as this significantly improves the air flow. Then I would start with the Akra Carbon recommended settings found on the EJK website.
From there, put some miles on the bike and let me know how it runs or if you get any running issues.

It is likely that we will raise the red and yellow fuel zones as the pipe will flow more air with the baffle out especially at higher RPMs.
You could start by raising the yellow by .5 and the red by 1 light settings. We may raise these more as well as raising the green a bit, but this will give us a good start.

Our office number is 1.406.388.2377. Ask for Dillon.
Give me a call with your bike close by so we can make adjustments right then over the phone.

Happy Riding!

-TuningHQ
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

BTW I have the Akra Carbon, baffle in, snorkel (and lid) out, and I used the settings from the website -- and everything is just great. No popping whatsoever. I guess the only thing I did notice is that the engine braking in 2nd gear seemed to *increase* a bit, but I am not complaining. I rely on engine braking a lot, unless there is a car up my butt.

• Like 1

castanzarules
Castanzarules, 
We recommend removing the snorkel lid as this significantly improves the air flow. Then I would start with the Akra Carbon recommended settings found on the EJK website.
From there, put some miles on the bike and let me know how it runs or if you get any running issues.

It is likely that we will raise the red and yellow fuel zones as the pipe will flow more air with the baffle out especially at higher RPMs.
You could start by raising the yellow by .5 and the red by 1 light settings. We may raise these more as well as raising the green a bit, but this will give us a good start.

Our office number is 1.406.388.2377. Ask for Dillon.
Give me a call with your bike close by so we can make adjustments right then over the phone.

Happy Riding!

-TuningHQ

Unbelievable customer service!  I have to wait until we get some nice ~50 degree weather before I undergo the install but I'll start with the recommended settings and adjust the red and yellow fuel zones as you stated and go from there.  Again, I really appreciate the information and offer for one-on-one troubleshooting!

Beemer, 
Upshift pop is typically a sign that the yellow adjustment mode is a bit rich. Try reducing the yellow adjustment mode by .5 light settings and see what that gives you.

Did you have the decel pop before raising the green zone to 5? I would lower this back down and see if that eliminates decel pop. We wil try and address the upshift pop issue with the yellow zone.
Decel pop typically happens in lean running conditions, but can also happen under rich conditions. Also check for exhaust leaks and make sure all exhaust bolts are torqued to spec. Even the slightest leak in the exhaust can cause popping.

What exhaust do you have on your bike again? Did you remove the baffle if it was removable on your exhaust?

-TuningHQ
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I just saw this, my apologies. I didn't have the decel popping before raising the green zone to five and that's the first it's done that on decel. Right after it popped on decel I immediately took it back to 4.5 because at 4.5 the engine seemed more responsive as well. I just figure it was the better of the two settings for that reason and besides, that's the setting that Dobeck found to be optimal with my set-up so I'm leaving the green setting there. Tomorrow I will reduce my yellow zone setting by .5 and see what difference that makes. I have the Akra CF pipe and I left the baffle in. Get back to you some time tomorrow and let you know what happened.
  • Like 1

Beemer