The MT-07 Forum

EJK Settings from Forum Members

tuninghq

airwingsjonas

Hi, I hope you can help me regarding the ideal settings for the following set up...Akrapovic titanium without the baffles or db killer. K&N filter but snorkel not removed ( I noticed the US and Europe version of the air filter box is different. Mine has a round thing attached to the snorkel where the US version does not have it when watching you tube.) and O2 sensor disconnected. When I installed my EJK I noticed the pop has lessen a bit when I twist the throttle then returned it quickly but the popping is still there but not quite as loud as before. Thanks everyone!

Currently have a 2016 fz07 with a full carbon exhaust with baffle in made by "Blackwidow Exhaust". This company is based out of the U.K. And the exhaust appears to be very similar to the m4 or yoshimura r77. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if I should select setting based on which exhaust looks mostly like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else running the ejk with a leo vince system? Currently using the number from the Ixil SX1. Seems to run ok, no hesitations but gas milage has taken a big hit. Was going to try and use it as a starting point but never had the time last summer to put it on the bars and tune it on the fly.

Yoshimura carbon exhaust with DNA air filter, DNA air box cover, O2 sensor disconnected. Baffle In 
GRN @ 5.5 YEL @ 7 RED @ 6.5 G/B @ 4.5 Y/B @ 5 R/B @ 1
. Hi I am thinking of getting this exact setup, can you tell me how it runs please, does it pull harder in all gears
Yes, it pulls well in all gears.

Hello moto friends I am new here I decide to join Yamaha forum so I can share my thoughts or ideas and learn something new since lot's of riders here with a good experience.So few days ago I got my EJK kit from DobeckPerformance for my  2016 Yamaha FZ-07 with M4 Exhaust.I save lots of money with these guys and they have a great Tech Support if you have any question regarding EJK and settings. So I contacted Tech Support asking what is the best setting for M4 exhaust? I had a quick response and also tip to adjust the settings after the bike is warmed up to proper operating temperature.I used settings that are posted on DobeckPerformance Web site which are G6.5 Y7 R6 G/B4 Y/B3.5 R/B1 and I was also advise fro better fuel economy to reduce G zone down .5 or 1, But for now I am running on the settings they provide and my snorkel is removed stock filter and  DB killer in  o2 sensor disconnected and the bike runs perfect, I got rid of popping on decal and my backfire is gone.The throttle is smooth and the exhaust has a perfect tone Thanks to EJK.I was wondering if anyone knows what is the best G settings for fuel economy? I heard G6.5 might be to rich?
DobeckPerformance is the best place to shop by the way they offer also tuner packages that can save lot's of money.I did save a lot already and the installation was a breeze for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
yamijanick1
I'm using an otherwise stock FZ-07 with then Ixil L3XB exhaust (O2 removed), on recommended settings: 
G-5.5
Y-6
R-5.5
GB-3.5
YB-3
RB-1

I'm getting a very consistent 48-49mpg (would like to see a bit more, but not complaining). The bike runs well and accelerates smoothly however I get pretty aggressive pops still while engine braking, specifically at lower RPM's. Also- after decelerating using engine braking I feel like the bike runs too rich.. as you can see in the video below, about 0:15, it seems to miss a little at low rpm's.  I was just doing a sound check, but when I rev it at 0:15, that's just one rev and it bogs, not 2 quick ones, which is why I did another blip of the throttle afterwards just to make sure it was running ok.  It also sputters *just slightly* on takeoff after decelerating.  I also get a pop in between shifts sometimes.  I live in Minnesota (~1200' elevation).

Right now I am at  
G-5
Y-6
R-5.5
GB-3.5
YB-3
RB-1

I am getting about 51-52 I was going to knock Green down to 4.5 and possibly with mess Green/Blue and see what I get with MPG and the feel of the bike. I only get the popping sometimes when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Hey andistyr, I'm new to this forum but I had a question about the ejk for your ixil exhaust setting. I'm also running the same setup but with baffled out though. I want to ask if your running baffles out/ snorkel off as well and what optimal setting are your running as of now. Any info would help greatly, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Right now I am at  
G-5
Y-6
R-5.5
GB-3.5
YB-3
RB-1

I am getting about 51-52 I was going to knock Green down to 4.5 and possibly with mess Green/Blue and see what I get with MPG and the feel of the bike. I only get the popping sometimes when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Hey andistyr, I'm new to this forum but I had a question about the ejk for your ixil exhaust setting. I'm also running the same setup but with baffled out though. I want to ask if your running baffles out/ snorkel off as well and what optimal setting are your running as of now. Any info would help greatly, thanks!
Sorry it's been a while since I was on here. 
Those settings are with the baffle in and snorkel off. Those settings have done great for the past year or so. I originally adjusted the green down to help with fuel saving when at cruising speed on the highway.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I am from Bavaria / Germany

Riding a 2016 MT 07

CONFIGURATION:
1. Mivv GP steel exhaust
2. Snorkel removed
3. K&N Airfilter

My questuon
Is a good setup with EJK BOX possible?
Benefit
Setup?

Thanks from Germany Richie

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone running the IXIL L3XB with baffle IN and snorkel IN? I have a little jerkiness when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and wanted to trying smoothing that out. Curious if anyone else has same set up already.

Edit: So, upon going to adjust the EJK, I noticed that the settings were actually set to the stock fueling. Changed it over to recommended settings on Dobeck's website and downshifting jerkiness is majorly improved. PSA: Always check settings when you install things and don't ride around for a year with stock settings like me. lol

• 7 months later...

Running a Akrapovic titanium exhaust baffle in, EJK, k&n air filter, O2 connected and a modified snorkel (cut the bottom for the snokel that goes into the air box off). Any help with settings would be greatly appreciated

5 minutes ago, THERAIN21 said:

Running a Akrapovic titanium exhaust baffle in, EJK, k&n air filter, O2 connected and a modified snorkel (cut the bottom for the snokel that goes into the air box off). Any help with settings would be greatly appreciated

I would suggest calling EJK (dobeck performance) directly at (406) 388-2377

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have settings for a MIVV exhaust ?   2015 fz07 I did snorkel mod where you just cut the bottom off so it doesn’t hang down into the air box and retained the top side so water didn’t get sucked in.  Still have stock filter and retained O2 sensor.  Pace walker header pipes, with MIVV tip baffle in.(otherwise it’s too loud to see) 

• 1 month later...
drakansefa

Hi everyone, need advise for my 2019 mt 07 EJK configuration. i have full AKRAPOVIC TITANIUM Exhaust with stock air cleaner, snorkel removed and O2 sensor disconnected and Baffle OUT!!!!

i m using the recommended configuration but when i pull the throttle the power came later. Do anyone have an advice to give me. i also dont understand really the role of Green/Blue, Yellow/Blue and Red/Blue.

drakansefa
On 5/17/2018 at 4:23 AM, THERAIN21 said:

i have  send atleast 10 e-mails to Dobeck Performance but not get any reply. Thing they quite the job.  As i m living in a forreing country it is not possible to call them by phone. The still dont have a whatsapp number or any other chat platforme

• 2 weeks later...
Airbornedeth
On 7/2/2020 at 11:16 AM, drakansefa said:

i have  send atleast 10 e-mails to Dobeck Performance but not get any reply. Thing they quite the job.  As i m living in a forreing country it is not possible to call them by phone. The still dont have a whatsapp number or any other chat platforme

I think you may be correct. Their websites are down as well. I haven't tried calling, as I was just wanting a little more information about my EJK, and the internet usually produces great results. There is no information on why the website isn't found, and trying to search Mark Dobeck yields results from his time with Dynojet.

• 1 month later...