The MT-07 Forum

Hidden Tray behind right trim/fender

chadfi

So, i customized my bike a little, got the trim pieces repainted burnt orange, i love the color on the black, but in the front right, under the gas tank theres a small metal tray that looks like its very obviously meant to house something, an auxiliary battery, turbo, or another computer piece. its inboard of the engine control unit

i cant find this ANYWHERE, i want to know what its for, and if anyone has utilized it for anything fun.

1I89jH2.jpg

G8oNKzl.jpg

I looked over the Service Manual pretty quickly, and saw the drawing of that tray in a couple of drawings with references to other parts, but nothing for that tray in particular, not even its name.

Maybe abs, but what is HID? If anyone can post pictures of what they got in that tray if anything. I got.my fz early last year the day it shipped to the local dealership i wanted an fz07 after riding my buddys fz09 maybe it was a very base model i got and that tray is there for further upgrades

• Global Moderator

My guess is also the ABS electronics. Perhaps one of our European members can check for us.

Guest Ralph

Yep just looked in the service manual it's the abs pump.
looks like a nice little hide'y hole for something.

hahah maybe ill put a little capacitor/amp combo with preloaded messages and speakers pointed outwards with messages like "GET OFF MY ASS" or "WOH BUDDY STAY IN THE LINES THIS ISNT KINDERGARTEN!" oh and as a Seattle rider this space is definitely too inconvenient!

Archived