The MT-07 Forum

Blurple wheels and white body work???

littlesquirt

littlesquirt

Any body have the blurple wheels and went with white bodywork?  Been all over google images with no luck yet.....

• Premium Member

I think that would look really good. You thinking of ordering the white plastics?
It will probably look something like [/url]THIS.

Why can't left turners see us?

This is my plan too. But first I need:
Cell phone mount
Side bags
Redo the front Forks

August BB who was a member on here did what you are saying to his bike and it looked really good. He had a bunch of pictures on here too, but now he's gone... Anybody know where he went? It's like his profile was deleted or something, none of his pictures or posts are existent anymore.

littlesquirt

ohhhh man, my deposit has been paid, my local dealer has a white one on the floor with a "hold" tag on it and the black/blurple comes in tmrw. Wonder how much white bodywork is??

Cheaper to powder coat wheels or new bodywork??? HMMMMMMMM

It will generally be cheaper to just powder coat the wheels, but it will be a hell of a lot easier just buying the plastics. Plus if you just powder coat the wheels, those will be the only blue compared to buying the graphite with the blue frame as well.

Of course, also depends on how much your local powder coater is charging.

For me, here would be my prices. Powder coat with media blasting for 2 moto rims is $95 to 100. 5 pieces of replacement plastics is about 180 I think.

But then there is also the blue matching. If you powder coat the rims blue, you will have an easier time matching it with other accessories. If you buy the graphite with blurple, you will find after-market accessories that are anodized blue will generally be bright blue and will not completely match the dark blurple.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Yeah, if you wait a few months you can get your hands on that 2016 model.  Except that is matte silver body panel which is just as cool if not cooler if you ask me.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Body panels are pretty cheap if I remember correctly. So its up to what color frame you want. Or you can always plastidip the panels white.

Archived