The MT-07 Forum

New from Denver

amycyclenut

amycyclenut

Traded in my 2012 BMW F800R for a red FZ-07. Loved the BMW but it stretched me out a little too much since I'm on the petite side. The 07 is also shorter, narrower and 50lbs lighter and I like that a lot too.

Installed the Yamaha OE tail rack which was a real PITA. Looks good though. I also installed a home-made radiator guard similar to what someone else on the forum did. Can't even tell. The next significant change will be adding a 1" riser to bring me back just a little.  Have a trip to Yellowstone planned in 3 days and I hope this makes the bike just that much more comfortable. I'm sure I'll do something about those turn signals at some point and I'm going to add a Givi windscreen once it arrives. Oh, and that tail.... I'm sure that will go too in the future.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It is so light and like everyone else says, flickable. 

I own several other bikes too, mostly "old crap". I ride the old crap a lot more than I do my modern stuff. (I've listed those bikes in my signature, but for some reason, the signature is not showing up?)

fz07.jpg

2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome amycyclenut! Nice to have another lady rider on board. Great taste in bikes! Red is the fastest color vote here! 

Let us know how the bike performs on your trip; especially the seat.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I did exactly the same trade. F800R is a fantastic bike to ride and aweful to own. " service" notice followed by service notice that costs over $100 (AuD) to remove.
The Yammy doesn't handle as well stock ( but it near does now, just a few tweeks to go), but much lighter and more fun to throw around. Have fun.

Does your RD350 shake it's head when you accelerate hard? If it does it is the rebound damping Needs heavier oil or better still a gold valve emulator and needs a top out spring to cure it. Make the drive out of corners much more stable and solid.
Keep an eye on the swingarm bushes as well. If you can get some sintered bronze ones made up for it.  Also a big improvement.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

Thank you for joining @amycyclenut. Love the RD350. I would love to own one. I had my first bike experience on one of those. A friend owned one and we wanted to go to a party so he gave me a ride as a passenger. I will never forget the thrill. I don't remember much of the party but the bike bug bit me that night.

Welcome amycyclenut! Glad to have you here. I wish I could own several motorcycles. Well, I still have my old Ninja 250. Haven't touched it this season though.

• 3 weeks later...
amycyclenut

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The bike was flawless on the trip. A part of the road in Yellowstone is under construction (read road is completely missing) which provided an opportunity to do some off-roading  :)  It had just rained so it was a muddy mess, but the bike made me look good doing it.

Yellowstone is amazing, if you haven't had the chance to go, it should be on the to-do list. Nature is such a spectacular thing. You'll also get to go through Jackson Hole, the Tetons are amazing. On the north end of the park is Beartooth Highway, WOW is all I can say. I suppose this post is bordering on a ride report now, so I'll end it with a couple of pics. Maybe I'll post some more about the trip in the correct section :)

11737818_10204870096734085_6544069007538536736_n.jpg?oh=975caa2293308489659016d210998b70&oe=564FBB66

img_20150712_161431.jpg

2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

Archived