The MT-07 Forum

Nova Scotian Member

ravenlord

May as well introduce myself.

I am 26 from Nova Scotia, Canada. I bought a 2000 R6 earlier in the year to see if I liked a sport bike. Decided I liked my license and a sport bike should be for track only, and then she blew up on me. Cracked [HASH]2 Cylinder wall. C'est La Via, I said to hell with it and bought myself a 2015 Red FZ-07.

I have put 400km's on it in the past 2 days, and plan to have it fully broken in by Wednesday. After that I am putting the R6 front brakes on it and possibly the rear shock if it will fit. After that I want bar end mirrors, Akropovic Titanium exhaust, and a small wind deflector.

• Premium Member

Welcome and let us know how the rear r6 shock fits up :)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

Nice, congratulations on you purchase @ravenlord. I see you dropped a pin on the member map too. Thank you!

Would the R6 front fork made to fit too I wonder.

R6 forks are 43mm in Diameter, and the FZ-07 are 41mm. I have yet to rip them off, so I don't know what the diameter at the mounting portion is. I need to stop riding for a few minutes to see if the forks will fit, but I love this thing too much.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome ravenlord! Red is the fastest color! Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Don't vote, it's a tie between red and white !

Considering I want to paint the bike I will abstain from voting. Thinking either a matte lime green, or a purple known in the BMW world as Techno Violet. It is an M3 colour that I absolutely love.

I checked, and neither the forks or the rear shock from the R6 will fit the FZ-07 without extensive modification.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Enjoy your new ride and post some pics of your bike when you get a chance. If you decide to paint the bike, let us know the color you picked. 

Archived