The MT-07 Forum

temperature?

arfz07

So just curious how hot yalls bikes run? Mine sits in the 170 to 180 range on interstates! Also it's about 85 to 90 degrees here in lovely humid arkansas!

That seems to match mine .. when I sit at a light, it's gone as high as 214. Fan kicks in somewhere over 210.

• Global Moderator

When I start riding I always put the dash in temp mode so I can see if it's warmed up before I give'r. It climbs to steadily and quickly to 177, then the thermostat opens (you can see the temp dropping a bit). And then it hoovers around 175.

Guest unknown

I'm right around 180 when cruising. As soon as I stop though it creeps up to 210+ which is when the fan kicks on.

• Global Moderator

Yes, but I converted it in F for you guys. The world is confusing enough as it is. ;)

• Global Moderator

I guess I am the only one who would be confused by you making it easier for me :).

• Global Moderator

No, you're not the only one, I confuse myself too lol.
175 °C operating temperature would have me worried though. That's 350 °F  :o enough to bake bread.

• Premium Member

Mine runs at 176F (80C) like everyone's and hottest I got was the other night when I was in first gear cruising around some car lots looking to see what they had and I hit 223F (106C). When I pulled out on to the road and took off at speed she was dropping down with in 200 yards or so.

• Premium Member

Never taken mine on the freeway/interstate, but at speed its 176-178 (Georgia's Humidity with ~90 degrees outside). It does get to 210-215 sitting idle at a long stop light.

My FZ-09's temps went down after I added the EJK Fuel controller from Dobeck. Stock bikes run lean and the fuel controller fixed that by a large margin.

Thanks that's good to know, my pipes are blue and I suspect a lean condition in its stock condition. Temp is 179 to 225 around town. With the cat on it I can't smell the mixture, and I have no idea what's what with fuel injection. Looks like the mixture is changed via o2 sensor only in cruise throttle. Accel/ decel and idle are open loop.

The EJK looks simple enough that an old knuckle dragger like me can instal and use it.

RRokay Raggie

Archived