The MT-07 Forum

FP Racing Levers

dizzid1320

dizzid1320

While the cheap eBay levers undoubtedly do the job and are certainly a fair value, there is a clear and tangible difference when you go with quality levers.

I just installed FP Racing levers from Motostarz.com. opting for the medium length which is a quarter inch longer than a shorty.

http://www.motostarz.com/fp-racing-sport-brake-clutch-lever-set.html

I've bought and used eBay levers (Ride It) on my previous bike. Comparing the two brands, the differences are pretty much exactly what one might expect when paying for premium stuff.

The FP Racing levers have a lot more weight to them and you can feel the higher density of the aluminum. The adjustment mechanism is a Pazzo style clicker and uses a bearing in both the detent/cam and in the fixed "retaining" surface.

The medium length is ok. I would've preferred regular shorties, I think. I can 3-finger or 2-finger these comfortably. Normally I just use two fingers though, so I probably could've just gone with shorties.

Enjoy some pics:
445f4490d112148a14413eb3f422d469.jpg75288bd75be83456bf3ee190fbddb52a.jpg2f4255ea44a720a4dd3612fb3c0aa304.jpgc459cd235570829d23d044e28864c307.jpg22a812eeac88115bea6a428cadb72518.jpg

Very cool.

I had no clue medium length levers existed when i ordered my Pazzo shorties.

Had i know, i might have gone with these instead as i like to three finger the clutch.

Im kind of tempted to ask if you want to trade as mine are gold with titanium grey adjusters too :P

dizzid1320

Very cool. 
I had no clue medium length levers existed when i ordered my Pazzo shorties.

Had i know, i might have gone with these instead as i like to three finger the clutch.

Im kind of tempted to ask if you want to trade as mine are gold with titanium grey adjusters too :P

Haha, I'm tempted but it seems like 3-fingering the clutch may grow on me.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I just came across these as well and was wondering how well they're holding up. Any sloppiness in the levers? They're one of the few that offer a white lever (only others I've seen are Pazzo's) and I'm still up in the air between the Pazzo powdercoated red levers or these in white with a red selector. The bike is white with red accents ('18). The only reason I'm not really looking for anodized red is because if the color isn't close to matching the red on the bike, I know it'd drive me nuts.

• 3 months later...
Carpetbombing

I don't have a ton of miles on mine, and can't answer all your questions, but I have FP lever on my FZ-07 and an R1, and I love these things. They're nice. Top notch quality - I can't see them wearing out or developing slop. The three lengths they offer - short, medium, and long - are basically two-finger, three-finger and four-finger levers. I went with the red anodized adjusters on the FZ and I think you're right about the anodizing not really matching red paint, but I have no complaints.

$165.99?!! 🤑

They'd better have some gold plating somewhere on them for that price.

Beemer

7 hours ago, Beemer said:

$165.99?!! 🤑

They'd better have some gold plating somewhere on them for that price.

Haha I hear you - no idea why levers cost so much. I'm just really iffy about putting ebay/amazon specials on my bike, especially for components as vital as the controls. I've read a number of posts about knock-off's causing issues with clutch engagement or locking up brakes (plus just as many posts saying the opposite and they've been perfect). I'd be willing to shell out a little more for products from companies that stand behind their product, but the difference in price between genuine and the knock-offs really is incredible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 7fold said:

Haha I hear you - no idea why levers cost so much. I'm just really iffy about putting ebay/amazon specials on my bike, especially for components as vital as the controls. I've read a number of posts about knock-off's causing issues with clutch engagement or locking up brakes (plus just as many posts saying the opposite and they've been perfect). I'd be willing to shell out a little more for products from companies that stand behind their product, but the difference in price between genuine and the knock-offs really is incredible. 

I hear ya! I just talked to DewMan about quality of parts and he said it's a waste of money to pay less for something just to have to turn around and buy something else. I've already bought a few things for my bike that weren't knockoffs and the reviews were good but still, the stuff was junk, IMO. The hardware alone can be sh*t and ruin a product. Sometimes you just can't be too careful. After all these years I've come to the realization that everyone gets the pleasure of getting screwed. 

Beemer