The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07 Front Cowl

Cruizin

• 1 month later...
missourifz07
I bought the fly screen from Yamaha but can't seem to figure how it attaches even with the freaking diagram..the brackets just don't seem to line up at all...scratching my head..anyone put one on yet. Looks so simple yet 

Same issue here Yamarider.....I posted pics on "what did you do to your bike today". The brackets don't match my parts list...called the dealership I got it from....worthless....called Yamaha...and they cant find a parts list or a set of instructions. I thought I had it figured out last night but it you would have to bend the cowl an inch just to get the screws in and even then you have no attachment points at the base.
Compare your brackets to mine  and lets see whats up.
My instructions are for a fz09 that I got. And mounting the brackets the way they show, the holes don't line up....something is off here.

missourifz07
I bought the fly screen from Yamaha but can't seem to figure how it attaches even with the freaking diagram..the brackets just don't seem to line up at all...scratching my head..anyone put one on yet. Looks so simple yet 

My packing slip says fz07 but the product #just above fz07 does not match the product # on yamahas website. The cowl itself looks like the 07 but instructions diagram shows an 09. My parts list doesn't match up. Two extra long bolts and the brackets are a completely different on the diagram. How do your brackets look compared to mine? And does your instructions show a 07 or 09?[attachment id=12" thumbnail="1]

How are the issues with the front cowl coming? I know a few people were having problems or possibly getting the wrong parts. Any updates?

missourifz07

Called the dealership and spoke with someone who was willing to put in some effort. Very helpful and polite. He is looking into it and is supposed to get the low down for me.

I am shocked that the brackets only have three mounting holes. I would have thought that there would be four on each. Two to the cowl and two to hold it on the bike. But you say our brackets are the same.....I am assuming you used the two bolts on either side of the headlight....which would mean there is really nothing holding the nose of the cowl down, which doesn't make much sense to me. By chance do you have the instructions and parts list you could post? I'd owe you one!! Any help is appreciated.

i took a video of the cowl and a description of exactly how to install, BUT my damn computer wont allow me to down load it! and i cant figure out how to doit via iphone. ok, on either side of the handle bar at the top of where the front fork goes into the metal casing oh the bars, is a bolt with an allen head. the head of the bolt is textured. that is the only bolt that holds the screen to the bike. it seems at first glance that it will be flemsy. but when its installed it is very snug. i wish i could post pics and vids, hope this helps.

missourifz07

Thanks for all your help May2nd. I got it on last night and really like the fit and finish. I was worthless without the proper instructions. But thanks to you I was able to get her figured out. You da man!!

missourifz07

As you can see from the original picture posted on this thread, don't let that fool you. The brackets I received to mount are visible from the previously mentioned photo angle but don't appear to be there on that pic. Assuming they changed bracket styles at some point.

Anyway, if you guys get wrong instructions, and struggle with this like I did, don't let it turn into a two day 4 hour mod, a call to the dealership and a call to Yamaha. You should be able to get sorted out here....hopefully ; )

missourifz07
Wow, it fit? So, is the FZ-09 cowl and the FZ-07 Cowl the same?
I received all the right parts....just fz09 parts list and instructions. Hence the huge confusion. The parts list and instructions all said fz07. Super frustrating, especially considering the time I spend looking at multiple pix trying to figure it out. May2nd finally sorted me out. So no...the 09 and 07 are not the same. But they sure had me wondering...lol

• 2 weeks later...
raruta5y.jpgavegysep.jpg
I got the cowl on. My finger is pointing at the long bolts that come with the cowl. They replace the upper triple tree bolts.

Brap!

RRokay Raggie

Killafornia
raruta5y.jpgavegysep.jpg I got the cowl on. My finger is pointing at the long bolts that come with the cowl. They replace the upper triple tree bolts.

Brap!
That looks nice! Can you post a picture of the whole bike with the cowl? Does it help with the wind at all?

pusury6y.jpgsamutygu.jpg

Here she is. The cowl is an eye patch. No wind protection purely cosmetic. I like it a lot.

Brap!

RRokay Raggie

missourifz07

Those look great!! I really like the look of that eye patch....it's really grown on me.

Archived