The MT-07 Forum

transmission jerking

nickleplatedcandyman

nickleplatedcandyman

Hey, bought my fz07 about a month and a half ago (about 1600 miles on it) and have noticed a kind of jerking from the tranny. It only happens at upper freeway speeds like 65-75 mph in sixth gear. ill be cruising at 65 roll on the throttle to pass a car and the the bike feels like its (jerking/slipping) only happens in sixth gear. Any ideas??

• Premium Member

I think you should change the oil. I honestly believe that 20w 50 is too much. You only need that if the temperatures are extremely hot. I would just stick with 10w 40. That is plenty. Running a thicker oil doesn't mean better.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

jerking or slipping? does it rev up in gear while not gaining speed? thats slipping.
jerking can be a cylinder missing (which can be any number of things) or a bad rear wheel bearing (not cool. scary as hell when it goes out)

-HowWorkClutch

nickleplatedcandyman

Well I'm in hot hot sumertime Houston tx so 20/50 is what the manual recomends. But its not a clutch slip no slip rev. It almost feels like it is jumping a tooth on the sprocket. I've checked both pinion and spur but look fine. The bikes performance isn't affected I just don't want to make a small problem a big one.

nickleplatedcandyman

Ohh yeah adjusted the chain twice already. You know I've checked everything drive system wise. I'm beginning to think either tranny internal, like a burr on that particular gear which would suck hard.

Archived