The MT-07 Forum

Stupid Question Coming Up.

databyter

• Premium Member
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/billet-chain-adjusters-by-gilles-tooling?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28&f=2015|212&dealernumber=

This seems pretty expensive, but has the advantage of the spools and some long term ease and good looks.

My stupid question is,.. well I assume you put these on permanently, and not just to adjust the chain or whatever. It is worded almost like they are marketing a tool and not an upgrade.

I like the fact that there is no drilling like some other after market spool mods for FZ-07 and the spools aren't in the axle since you might be working on the axle.

Thoughts?

Databyter

Databyter

bmwpowere36m3

Yes, "permanent".... it replaces the silver end-cap on the swingarm. I got a set myself, but haven't installed yet.

Basically looks "trick" and incorporates spools vs. drilling the swingarm.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=19&categoryId=129&itemId=4413&unitId=4477&unitName=2015+FZ-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2015&items_per_page=12&page=1

379.96 CAD and they look different on the Canadian website they say MT on them. I wonder if they will be the same ones in Canada as the US or if they will use the European ones?

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member

Yup, those are nice too. I just like the idea of not having to do any freehand drilling with the others. Probably not a big deal tho. Good drill and a nice center punch to guide the start.

Databyter

• Premium Member
why don't you just get a swingarm stand? I don't see the problem
I never said there was a problem :)
I'd just like to have a spool.

I'll probably get the SS Pitbull rear stand, so I won't NEED it, but it's nice to have.

They do have some advantages, but I agree they are not absolutely necessary.

Databyter

Databyter

• Premium Member
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/billet-chain-adjusters-by-gilles-tooling?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28&f=2015|212&dealernumber= 
This seems pretty expensive, but has the advantage of the spools and some long term ease and good looks.

My stupid question is,.. well I assume you put these on permanently, and not just to adjust the chain or whatever. It is worded almost like they are marketing a tool and not an upgrade.

I like the fact that there is no drilling like some other after market spool mods for FZ-07 and the spools aren't in the axle since you might be working on the axle.

Thoughts?

Databyter
I got a set $178 shipped.  Pricey, but I think they are worth it.  I use them all the time for chain lube, oil change, chain adjustment. 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Thoughts?

Databyter
I got a set $178 shipped.  Pricey, but I think they are worth it.  I use them all the time for chain lube, oil change, chain adjustment.
Thanks for that input. They are pricey, but the bike is my only fun toy and I reserve the right to indulge myself since I work practically all the time. I'm leaning towards them since if I don't like em, it's not a permanant mod, and I could always sell them, but I won't cuz I think I like em, re-enforced by your endorsement.  Databyter

Databyter

Archived