The MT-07 Forum

Is it Flock, a Gaggle or a Murder of FZs?

n2shotokai

• Premium Member

Angeles Crest Highway 6/28/2015From left to right ...........@roadrunner @fz07fanboy @motomeek @tanner68 @n2shotokai
20150628_Group3_zpsqhsyzdcu.jpg

• Premium Member

And thank you to invisible Kawi dude for taking the pics!
20150628_Flock_zpsxkqw4pbi.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

What, no rapid reds? Couldn't keep up huh?  ;)
Jk, this looks really cool!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you guys for a fun ride! Special thanks to the kawi guy and @motomeek for being patient with me, really appreciate the consideration. Got a lot of practice to do!

As for name.. Rather not associate murder with the group.. Especially considering what caused our detour.
Gaggle sounds interesting lol

• Premium Member

Arrgghh! I wanna go!!! Hehe, like, really, really bad!

Looks like you had a ton of fun out there and to see all the FZ-07's is pretty amazing. I'm jealous. I used to ride that road every weekend when I lived in Victorville (courtesy of the US Air Force), and miss every minute of it!

How often do you guys go? Would you mind if I tagged along on the next one?

P.S.  HBC, if I do go, my bike was originally Rapid Red so I'll be representing in stealth mode since it looks a bit different now ;)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

For future rides watch the ACH thread, all are welcome. http://fz07.org/thread/2257/angeles-crest-rides?page=5
Probably the weekend after the 4th would be the best bet.
@hippiebikerchick I am sure red FZs could keep up, we slow down for slower riders :P
@roadrunner every time I looked in the mirror you were right behind me, you are doing great! Hey were did you get that great profile pic lol.
Another thing we could do is meet @motomeek at Wrightwood and have lunch there! Two hours both directions.

• Premium Member

It's a formation of FZ's, and their respective pilots.

Looks like it a classy crew.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Sweet! Thanks for posting the pics!!! Glad invisible kawi guy could be of service haha.

Great riding with you all! Thanks for taking invisible kawi guy and me on new roads!! Don't know what we would've done if we didn't ride up with you all.

Til next time!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

We better get an official name for a group of fz for Wikipedia...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

P.S. - If any of you have an Instagram, let me know! I'll tag you in the picture, haha.

• Premium Member

Awesome riding everyone. I had a great time. Will surely do it again.

• Premium Member

ok. I tried to upload a little vid... it's not working too well. Haaaa.....

Great ride everyone. It was a blast meeting new FZ riders. I am down to get together more for some spirited twisty riding.

ACH, at a point, was closed on account of a wreck. So our group detoured via Sierra Hwy and Big T to reach Newcombs Ranch. So it made for an interesting wrinkle in the route.

Agree, the weekend of July 11-12 would be best for another meetup. So watch the other thread referenced by n2shotokai.

If at all possible, hopefully on a Saturday!

@motomeek, since the video didn't work, do you think you could send it to me? Maybe at least the portions where I'm in it, I'd like to review my riding so I can improve. Otherwise next time I'm just gonna stay at the back, waaaaaay back cause I'll be going slower lol

• Premium Member
If at all possible, hopefully on a Saturday! 
@motomeek, since the video didn't work, do you think you could send it to me? Maybe at least the portions where I'm in it, I'd like to review my riding so I can improve. Otherwise next time I'm just gonna stay at the back, waaaaaay back cause I'll be going slower lol
Sorry @roadrunner, I actually don't have any footage of you. But if you're looking for some feedback, you were still crossed up on the way down. Don't be afraid to get your butt off the seat to slide it over and look through the turns. The bike will go where you're looking to go.  

I was scared when you were behind me lol. Not cause of you, but cause earlier, a few minutes before you were behind me, when I was behind Paul, there was a bridge or crossing of some kinda that was have the road surface repaired, so it was really uneven and just bad. I'm already scared of road surface since it caused my first fall, but when I crossed that section, I had to slow down, get back upright, and try to take it straight instead of turning(by "have to" I mean I was too scared to take it leaning). Even then the rear tire still wobbled a little, and at that point I was pretty much done for the day it instantly reminded me of my accident so I started going waaaaaay slower. That's why later we fell behind and you ended up behind me when we passed you, cause I was going slower. The guy behind me probably saw the wobble. I'm actually debating not going to the mountains anymore, I'm just not enjoying it as much lol. Riding with you guys was fun, but the mountains wasnt, least not at that speed lol.

I'm gonna start going to the beach! Or lakes :D

Pavement transitions, roadwork, and gravel is a nasty combination that begs for all kinds of caution. Especially around the tunnel on Big T, you have to ride with a lot of care right now.

invisiblekawiguy

Greetings! Pleasure riding and meeting everyone yesterday and thank you for letting my "FZ-1000" be a part of your group for the day. I may have to stick around once I pick up the FZ-09...or not if I pick up the street triple r...

@roadrunner - Meeka is right, you were still crossed up on the way down the mountain. Don't get discouraged about canyon riding, it's a little much to take in, especially for the first time around on a new bike. It's not about how fast you can make it up or down the mountain. It's about doing it safely and comfortably which is why I told you not to worry about keeping up and only go as fast as you're comfortable with. These group rides really is the best way to learn because you have people watching out for you and you have someone ahead of you to keep you in check.

Scratch what I told you about body position and work on being smooth on the controls (throttle, brakes, clutch). Everything else will fall into place. You were complaining about arm pump during breakfast which means (as fz07fanboy stated) you were gripping the bar too tight (pretty much a tell tale sign of feeling uneasy). Controlled application of the throttle would tame an unruly rear tire and I highly recommend supermoto school to wash away fears of losing the rear (I used to be like you, and lowsided because I lost the rear, but I don't even flinch anymore ever since supermoto school, it's actually a little exciting now). And hit up Jeff at http://www.skillzdays.com/ which will be the best $75 investment you will make on yourself. Not only will you pick up little tips/tricks that may one day save your life, but it may give you that confidence boost you need.

Hope to ride with you guys again soon. Ride safe everyone!

1_zpsa5e7e660.jpg

• Premium Member

When i get a chance I'll upload some clips from the Gopro and Sena 10C. I have a lot of video

• Premium Member
When i get a chance I'll upload some clips from the Gopro and Sena 10C. I have a lot of video
I hope none of me those times I fell off! 

• Premium Member
Greetings! Pleasure riding and meeting everyone yesterday and thank you for letting my "FZ-1000" be a part of your group for the day. I may have to stick around once I pick up the FZ-09...or not if I pick up the street triple r... 

We don't judge ..... buy the reliable one ;) 

Archived