The MT-07 Forum

Track day pics...VIR South

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

All I can say is that it's an amazing little motorcycle.  VIR north and south courses are very fast and technical and the FZ-07 took it with ease.  So stable and sure footed.  Stock brakes worked flawlessly but will upgrade lines and pads/fluid before the next one. Even with the super sticky race tires (Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP's) would not make it do anything weird.  The 2wheeledyno reflash work good also...rear sets and Suburban bars where a excellent upgrade too..... :D

wondering what tire pressure you use on the track and do you use the same pressure on the street

scordiaboy515

Nice pics! Any action shots? Also where did you get that head fairing?

scordiaboy515
wondering what tire pressure you use on the track and do you use the same pressure on the street
Not the same for the street tires.....Pirelli recommends 25 psi cold for the rear, 30 cold for the front 

scordiaboy515
oQmxcTM.jpgbF2lHe6.jpgNqRpwRq.jpg66n1aXJ.jpg
Nice pics! Any action shots? Also where did you get that head fairing?
   The fairing is a Airtech fiberglass for a Buell Firebolt.  I tracked the bike about 5 years ago, sold the bike and kept the faring. Had it in my closet....made the mount and really fits the bike quite nicely :D 

what pressure do you use on the street with the stock tires. another racer told me to take out 2psi in the front and rear

Did you fab those offset brackets for the rearsets yourself? If so, well done! If not, where did you source them from? 

Nice work on getting the bike on the track!!

scordiaboy515
what pressure do you use on the street with the stock tires. another racer told me to take out 2psi in the front and rear
  The first track day I did with the bike it had the oem Michelins on it....and I went with 30psi hot for the rear and 32psi hot for the front. On the street set them at 35psi....no magic there, you will most likely not generate much heat in the tires when street riding. 

scordiaboy515
Did you fab those offset brackets for the rearsets yourself? If so, well done! If not, where it you source them from.  
   Thank you gigero, yes I did.   

Did you fab those offset brackets for the rearsets yourself? If so, well done! If not, where it you source them from.  
I would buy a set of your rear set brackets if you made more! PM me for price if you decide to make more.

scordiaboy515
I would buy a set of your rear set brackets if you made more! PM me for price if you decide to make more.
   I work for a government contractor and it's really hard for me to squeek in my own little projects....I made these on a Sunday when the plant was pretty much empty. 

Archived