The MT-07 Forum

New Tail Bag

Beemer

I just ordered this tail bag from Amazon, It rains a lot in Florida and I keep getting caught in the rain because I don't have anything to carry my rain gear in. It's made by The Cycle Guys and I found it unique compared to other tail bags I've researched. I initially wanted a tank bag, I think they look cool but the two things that I don't like about them is I would have to use one with straps and I don't like the idea of having to unhook it every time I go to put gas in it, which is almost every day and the thought of it scratching my paint. So, I decided a tail bag would be safer and less of a hassle. This one is permanent if you want it to be (straps under the passenger seat) and collapses  very flat. It is padded on the top so a passenger can sit on it when not being used and if someone didn't know anything about the FZ 07 they probably wouldn't guess it's a bag. It looks more natural as though it came from the factory. Looks like the passenger seat itself, almost. When I get it and try it out I will give a review on it. They come in different sizes so I checked the Cycle Guys web site and found you need a size [HASH]3 for the FZ 07. Amazon says size 3 won't fit the FZ 07 but they're wrong and it's cheaper on Amazon so I ordered it regardless of what they say. $64.99 compared to $72.95 and it is water proof.

http://www.thecycleguys.com/fz-07/

http://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Guys-CG2-03-FastPack-Size/dp/B001KOHRV0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1435355626&sr=8-3&keywords=The+Cycle+Guys

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I've had this for months. I love it and it's perfect for all the reasons you mentioned. Still working great.

Check out this thread.  I especially needed something to collapse when not needed and the carbon fiber looking top looks cool!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've had this for months. I love it and it's perfect for all the reasons you mentioned. Still working great. 
Check out this thread.  I especially needed something to collapse when not needed and the carbon fiber looking top looks cool!
Well there it is! I did a search on tail bags and didn't find this one. Anyways, I'm glad to hear people like it. I can finally pack my rain gear or make a quick run to the grocery store. I'm tickled pink!

Beemer

• 10 months later...

Old thread but of all the bags that dont look like bags, I think this is the one Im going to get just for the occasional times I need to bring something home. Anyone with experience with this bag -- is it sturdy enough to hold, say, a 12 pack and not want to fall off / rip velcro around turns at speed?

Tks

Archived