The MT-07 Forum

Adjustable footpegs?

magsz18

These seem interesting, a low cost options for replacing the entire rearset assembly.  Granted, it seems like they only allow adjust ability in the cant and vertical planes.

Has anyone given these a try?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLET-ALUMINUM-ADJUSTABLE-FOOTPEGS-FOOTRESTS-REARSETS-YAMAHA-FZ7-FZ-7-FZ-07-/271674730850?hash=item3f41136962&vxp=mtr

Someone on here has them, but I can't recall who.

My take... They look and seem nice, but I would be concerned about the lack of adjustment for the controls. If you can reach the shifter and brake controls fine and the result is a nice position for you, I don't see an issue. I'm a little finicky about having that "just right" position for my shifter though.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Well, they're going to be in the same position as the stock pegs unless you "drop" them i would imagine?

I too an picky about where my shifter is and part of the reason why i want adjustable rearsets is that i dont like riding the bike with the pegs on the arch of my foot. At 6'0 when i try and put the balls of my feet on the pegs, my feet are an awkward angle. I figured angling a peg forward might alleviate this a bit.

No, not as far as I can tell. Those have an offset no matter what. Granted, you can vary the direction of the offset, those don't look like you can keep them in the stock position.

If you want to keep them in the stock position, there are other options out there that are not adjustable. They are the round style, knurled all the way around so you can put your foot at any angle you want. Those might be a better option for what it sounds like you are looking for.

Or get these... Same price, one of the best name brands in the world behind it, and can be mounted in the stock location if you want or adjustable offset... http://www.pureperformancecycles.com/Brand/Yamaha/Yamaha-FZ07/Controls/Gilles-Tooling-RGK2-Footpeg-Kit--14--FZ-07/

• Premium Member
phicurious86
No, not as far as I can tell. Those have an offset no matter what. Granted, you can vary the direction of the offset, those don't look like you can keep them in the stock position.  
If you want to keep them in the stock position, there are other options out there that are not adjustable. They are the round style, knurled all the way around so you can put your foot at any angle you want. Those might be a better option for what it sounds like you are looking for.

Or get these... Same price, one of the best name brands in the world behind it, and can be mounted in the stock location if you want or adjustable offset... http://www.pureperformancecycles.com/Brand/Yamaha/Yamaha-FZ07/Controls/Gilles-Tooling-RGK2-Footpeg-Kit--14--FZ-07/
Ooo I am kind of intrigued by these. How difficult is it to adjust the shift pedal position after angling the foot pegs back a bit?

Ooo I am kind of intrigued by these. How difficult is it to adjust the shift pedal position after angling the foot pegs back a bit?
It's not difficult at all to ADJUST the lever, however there is a limit to that adjustability.  It basically just moves the lever up or down in a somewhat linear (actually it's on an arc because it pivots) plane.  My concern would be if you move the pegs back, then the shifter would not also move back, just up and down.  If this doesn't bother you, then no problem.  Full rearsets usually have different positions the shifter (and brake) lever pegs can be mounted to account for moving the foot peg, so the peg to peg distance will relatively remain unchanged. 

• Premium Member

I've had these on the FZ for a couple thousand miles now and I'm really pleased with how much more comfortable my legs, hips and feet are.
@aeisan and @magsz18 it was simple to adjust the shift and brake lever right in the sweet spot for me...even better than with the stock pegs. I originally posted about these here link

The set of pegs that I have were originally on my Ninja and I checked with Slingshot Racing to see if we could swap the clevis section for one that would fit the FZ-07. At the time, they didn't know that the set for the FZ6 also works perfectly for the FZ-07. I sent them dimensioned photos of the stock FZ-07 pegs and they were able to find a match in their set up for the FZ6. I tried them, they fit and functioned perfectly and I let them know. They're listed for the FZ-07 now too.

C2XKxCo.jpg
ooggrZx.jpg

Nice! I knew someone on here had them, I just couldn't remember who and was too lazy to searach, ha.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

Thanks for posting this! I did a search but for whatever reason, the above mentioned threads didnt come up.

So, when you say you adjusted the shift and brake levers, how exactly did you do that? It is my understanding that the shift lever needs to be at 90 degree angle at the top where the boot is. i dont believe you can move the lever fore or aft, is that the case?

• Premium Member
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. 
Thanks for posting this! I did a search but for whatever reason, the above mentioned threads didnt come up.

So, when you say you adjusted the shift and brake levers, how exactly did you do that? It is my understanding that the shift lever needs to be at 90 degree angle at the top where the boot is. i dont believe you can move the lever fore or aft, is that the case?
The shift lever arm moves in a nicely convenient arc so it actually does move closer or farther away from the footpeg while it's moving up and down. That's where having an adjustable footpeg really lets you dial in that perfect setting.

Don't worry too much about the shift lever's angle relative to your boot top, it'll be close enough. More important is how the shift lever moves the splined arm on the splined transmission shaft. Ideally the angle the adjuster rod forms with the splined arm (at rest) should be around 90 degrees for smooth, positive gear changes. So, you may need to adjust the splined arm along with rotating the adjuster rod when you set up the shift lever to match your boot.
Remember the nut on the adjuster rod closest to the shift lever is reverse thead.

The brake side just requires turning a nut on a thread to raise or lower the brake pedal. Easy peazy, but you do have to remove the vertical frame cover to adjust the brake light switch's actuation point; Unscrew the two bolts and pull the cover off.

Need more details? PM me and I'll be happy to help you.

I have a set of these adjustable pegs for sale. They are 40mm offset. Will sell for $25.00+ shipping. They are in as new condition. Only had them on for a week.

modmaster

IMG_2219_zpssq3aafw4.jpg~original

img][img]

I believe @magsz18 is referring to the 90-degree angle between the shift rod and the knuckle, and yes you want that to be as close to 90-degrees as you can get it for optimal shifting. Once you get that angle right (which, by just changing the foot pegs out, you shouldn't need to mess with) you then just adjust the shifter lever position by turning the shift rod. There are two lock nuts, one each at the top and the bottom. Loosen those and you can then turn the rod. The rod is threaded at both ends, one normal thread and one reverse thread, so when you turn it, it either threads onto each end more, shortening the overall length (i.e. raises the shifter) or unthreads and lengthens the overall length (i.e. lowers the shifter).

This video does a decent job showing what I was trying to describe. Only thing I didn't see in this was loosening the lock nuts on the rod, but that should be rather self explanatory once you understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Aeisan,

Thanks for the video, that is super cool. You learn something new every day.

• 2 years later...

I'm looking into buying these but I'm a bit concerned about compromising the bike's clearance. Wouldn't these scrape in a much smaller lean angle than the OEMs?

Archived