The MT-07 Forum

LED Bar??

captainbeard714

captainbeard714

Just wandering if anyone who does a lot of night riding has ever thought of putting something like a 6" led bar or led pods on the bike? They could probably be mounted by those 4 bolts rift above the headlight. And I don't think the draw too much power for the bike???

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i thought about it, but those light bars are kinda spendy. i was thinking of buying big old leds and building custom housings for them.

i did see a bike at a chopper-show with one of those light bars. it looked funky. i think two, turned-on-end and mounted side-by-side would look crazy. definitely more my style.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

Honestly the LED bulb upgrade from Cyclops throws so much light that I would never even consider adding more -- plug and play and $65.

• Premium Member
Honestly the LED bulb upgrade from Cyclops throws so much light that I would never even consider adding more -- plug and play and $65.
I second this..best $65 spent so far

captainbeard714

I already have the Cylops LED bulb. Still doesn't seem like that much light. Guess I'm use to my truck with a crap ton of lighting. There's a company called gglighting right by my house that makes super good quality light bars for pretty cheap. Might give it a try for fun.

• Global Moderator
I already have the Cylops LED bulb. Still doesn't seem like that much light. Guess I'm use to my truck with a crap ton of lighting. There's a company called gglighting right by my house that makes super good quality light bars for pretty cheap. Might give it a try for fun.
I was impressed with the output of the Cyclops bulb. If you decide to add lights please post photos. More lighting cannot hurt. 

• Premium Member

If you look at Cyclops' site, they specialize in lighting for dirt bikes, so you may find something there

I got a 6 led flood light bar that i've been looking at putting on the front under the headlight, i'm just concerned about the front fender hitting the bar.

Rapid Red

Archived