The MT-07 Forum

** NEWS** New Version of the FZ-07/MT-07 coming! FJ-07??

Cruizin

bmwpowere36m3
Wouldn't it be cheaper to install a US ECU instead of getting a new fz-07 @ gregjet???

I thought the LAMS version is lower in displacement... probably different ECU as well.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Im under the assumption its just a different ECU to restrict power...I never looked much into the LAMS model..

Edit...googled the LAMS model and it's 2mm smaller in bore and a differ ECU...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

OK to get this thread back on topic, I submit this latest (and most realistic) photo, grabbed from this article on motorcyclistonline.com:

yamaha_mt-07_tracer_04_web.jpg
Tank looks taller unless there is something else under that cover, but this actually looks like an 07 with the proper swingarm

• Premium Member

The headlight looks updated also...looks like 2 headlights instead of the single one

And it looks like it's got ABS

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Not seeing the ABS ring though @norcal616. Yes, I expect the nose will resemble the FZ6R.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

Pattonme...I made the assumption it has ABS due to the extra brake hoses I spy in the picture and looking at my bike it's totally differ since its non abs...

OK to get this thread back on topic, I submit this latest (and most realistic) photo, grabbed from this article on motorcyclistonline.com

Tank looks taller unless there is something else under that cover, but this actually looks like an 07 with the proper swingarm

Passenger doesn't look very comfy, do they?

The bike also looks like its about to break down its centerline.

I know its not but man does it look over loaded lol.

Pattonme,
The ONLY version sold in Australia was a "LAMS" ( learner approved motorcycle). I has 656cc, 11:1 compression, a restricted throttle plate stop, and as I have found out a completely neutered ECU and produces less than 50hp ( advertised). I am also beginning to suspect it has different CAMS because I had the ECU reflashed and it still only produced 54 rear wheel HP. I suspect most of that increase was due to the remade throttle stop to allow full opening. The bike was just called MT07 just like everywhere else and Yamaha traded very heavily on overseas positive reports, despite the fact the Aussie one was gutless.
So for us Aussies the ordinary MT07 IS the new model...
But of course the model formerly known as MT07 had to be delineated from the REAL "new" model, so the "new" one is called "MT07 HO"...

magsz18,
"I know its not but man does it look over loaded lol."
Looks like the touring model rear springs are as crap as the original ones.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

I would kill for a small ~3L diesel in a pick'em-up truck. But the EPA is hell bent on making that as difficult as possible and it would never sell. 'Muricans would return it to the dealer since the engine was surely defective, making "all that noise". I weep for the common American. Then I get over it and think, if only there was some way to harness the unlimited supply of American stupidity as an energy source...
You can thank Fiat for putting a 3.0L diesel V6 in the Ram 1500 as of 2 years ago.

Yes, and i love it... such a breeze to work on, and it produces more torque than the 5.7 hemi and larger 6.4 variant

OK to get this thread back on topic, I submit this latest (and most realistic) photo, grabbed from this article on motorcyclistonline.com

Passenger doesn't look very comfy, do they?

Im guessing it's because that seat is much too small and giving him a massive wedgie, could also be that he drew the short straw to be the passenger

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I'm gonna take that as doing maximum weight testing...

Not sure what all the debate is the already confirmed the change of color is the only change

• Premium Member
Not sure what all the debate is the already confirmed the change of color is the only change
There's no debate about that. This would be an entirely different model bike.

• 9 months later...
603nytroxtx

I may be way out of line here but is there a chance that Tracer seat could fit the FZ? I think it's a pretty good looking one piece seat!(compared to Corbin :-)

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

Still got these aweful conventional forks. My opinion is thet need to do what Kawasaki did with the Versys and make the tourer/adventure bike have decent USD forks.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
I may be way out of line here but is there a chance that Tracer seat could fit the FZ? I think it's a pretty good looking one piece seat!(compared to Corbin :-)
Doubtful.  All the plastics are different too.

twowheeladdict

Yamaha has been playing catch up for a while now.

The FJ1300 is finally where it needs to be to compete in the sport touring world, with the addition of the 6th gear, cruise control, and electronically adjustable suspension.

The FZ-09 and FZ-07 engines have been needed for a long time.

It is nice to see Yamaha experimenting with different platforms for these two engines. That is a good way to be economical and bring more models to market with less NRE.

The Super Tenere ES is on my short list if I decide to go full adventure touring one day.

Their cruiser line is definitely dated though.

Kawasaki hesitates to make a true dual sport based on the Versys platform because the KLR is such a good seller, but Yamaha could definitely use a bike in that category to compete with the 800 tiger XC.

2015 FZ-07

• Global Moderator

@admin , what do you not like about it?

EDIT:  Nevermind. I just saw your comments in the other thread. Now I understand your disappointment. I am still thinking about whether or not I share it. 

Back in 2014, if both bikes were available, i'd buy the FJ-07. Wuld i trade in my FZ for the FJ? Nope. But, if the MT-07 Tenere (or whatever the name) comes to Canada. Bye bye the FZ. The adventure version was spied in Italy. So, it's just a matter of time. And with the adventure bikes market over here, i would be surprised that it will be just an European model.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived