The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Clip-On Risers

Allan

• Premium Member
I don't think you'll regret it.
Well, first, I wish this website would notify me when there's a response to a thread I'm posting in. Anyway long story short, or I guess it's just short story short, I ended up ordering the one inch and wish I would have ordered the 1.5 inch. Definitely going to use them in the down position and maybe I'll just buy the 1.5 inch adapters to bolt onto it.

Second, that riding position is not aggressive at all! Kind of surprised. I wish that I could have a 2 or 2.5 inch. Oh well it'll have to do. And it will be much better than what I have now.

Thanks so much for posting the pics, I really appreciate it!

hey, anything I can do to help the community out, no sweat.

Funny I initially ordered the 1 inch adapter too but later had a change of mind and bought the 1.5 and returned the 1 inch. Why not do that?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would long rides be with the change in riding position like this? I am usually leaned over on the interstate with the stock bars. How different would it be with these?

• Premium Member
How would long rides be with the change in riding position like this? I am usually leaned over on the interstate with the stock bars. How different would it be with these?
what do you consider a long ride? For me, I stop when the bike runs out of gas since the tank is so small. I've ridden from Thousand Oaks to San Diego with just 1 pit stop for gas. Google maps is telling me that's a 3 hour ride, it certainly didn't feel that way but there were other factors that made the journey more fun. Until I take a long road trip that would have me ride 5+ hours in a day, I won't really know. Although, its noticeably more uncomfortable when my back is sore from the gym and I have to commute to work. Since my commute is only 20-30 mins on the bike it's really no big deal.  
The most comfortable, albeit not as safe, position for me since the swap is resting my left forearm on top of the tank. That's preferable to me than the typical hand on hip posture though I do that as well. 

Funny I initially ordered the 1 inch adapter too but later had a change of mind and bought the 1.5 and returned the 1 inch. Why not do that?

Well, I thought about that and I may, but I'm on a time schedule trying to get a lot done with my break from school. I also have to fit in the traxxion damper swap. And I sold my car and only commute on my bike. Makes planning upgrades tricky :) it may just be more convenient to get the other adapters. They're inexpensive enough.

Keep in mind that ch3rryghost is on the taller side. If you're a midget like me, those controls will be plenty aggressive.

How tall are you cherry?

• Global Moderator
Thanks for posting the pics! This helped make up my mind on going 1" down and the same Gilles rears. BTW, where did you get the rearsets? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Dont know if you have them yet, but the US, Canada, and UK yamaha websites all carry them now.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Wow!!!!!! What a difference. I installed the 1" version and I'm like a little school boy in love. It feels so much better, like an actual sport bike. Control over the bike is great increased. I no longer feel like I'm on top of the bike. I ride much lower than the pic cherry posted as I usually ride with forearms parallel to the ground. My sv650s had clip-ons and it was an "in the bike" feel. Now this fizzy is too.

True, there is no interference on lock to lock, but mine has something weird. Left lock is perfect, right lock, gently squeezes my thumb between the bar and body. Doesn't hurt and I'm only in a parking lot barely moving at lock, so no big deal, but kinda disappointing that something isn't right with the big price. Not sure if its the bars or my bike...

Second, my body weight is shifted forward and now accentuates the super soft front end. It was a major noticable difference. I have upgraded suspension parts to install, so that will be nice.

Def want some rear sets to finish off the riding position.

Oh yeah, since my body weight is naturally more forward now. I can slam open the throttle and not worry about the front end anymore.

Highly recommend to everyone wanting a more aggressive position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
94070041-3B72-4FF5-B989-B29C3AC4218B_zpsmjzyfxrd.jpg
Came in today. Can't wait to install, but I'm gonna wait till I swap out the fork springs. Knock it all out at once. Hopefully soon!

• 2 weeks later...
@bigity  
@riding4fun 

Here's the album: seating position and measurement

It's really not all that aggressive but it serves its purpose. Pardon my bug bites.

Wow I was really going for that aggressive look.. That doesn't even look aggressive at all :/ that's a bummer

• Premium Member

I just did 1" risers "up" and I find the riding position to be plenty aggressive. Sitting farther back on the seat helps a lot. These pics show them sitting right against the tank. Maybe they can take a few more with their butt a little farther back on the seat?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this along with Woodcraft rearsets, or rearsets by another company?

Trying to get the bike to have the same feeling as a super bike ergos as possible.

You would need to move the seating position back as well. That would make the weight rear bias a bit worse

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

You would need to move the seating position back as well. That would make the weight rear bias a bit worse

Ah. Well doing this would give it a much more over the tank riding position if the adapter plate is fitted so that it is lowered, correct?

True, And allow you to have a bigger range of CoG. Especially if you can get the bars low enough. But the bike will the lose a fair bit of it's comfort in exchange for lower cog and more weight input control. It's always a trade off.

Wow I was really going for that aggressive look.. That doesn't even look aggressive at all :/ that's a bummer

I'm not being critical of people's riding position but in the pic his arms are straight. To reduce pressure on your wrists, reduce steering input force and improve handling your forearms should be parallel to the ground.

I installed the 1" down. Unless I'm cruising at slow speed my forearms are parallel to the ground and this puts me in a solid 3/4 tuck. It's plenty aggressive for a commuter in this position, but I will likely bump to the 1.5.

CGhost - thank for such a great review and pics. Looks amazing. What are the thoughts on the Woodcraft rearsets? Little expensive but great adjustability. Do you think the rearsets are needed to complete the setup. Based on your pics I am ready to buy the risers. You should get commissions based on your post. How long did the install take. Sorry if you already answered that and I missed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Just ordered this. Should be here tomorrow. We need more people who have these bars to post on here their experience and opinions of these bars. BTW, RevZilla has only one set left of the 1.5" Rise kit left (as of today).

SigSide.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With the Aussie dollar in free fall doesn't look like I will be getting a set of these anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have the 1 inch version installed down with Woodcraft rearsets. Im 6' and and the adjustability is great. Rearsets are off being anodised black to match the bike though. After installation for my height its slightly more aggressive position but arm pump and hand numbing has dissapeared.
Agree with you on the Aussie dollar pain Gregjet....

• 4 months later...
autoentropy
I installed them up. I too was worried about lock to lock clearance but there is plenty of room left and it doesn't even really come close to hitting the tank. Also the bars sit pretty much in line with the position of the dashboard module - maybe half inch lower? Really cleans up and lowers the controls of the front end, giving it that cafe/roadster profile. 
When I get home tonight I'll take a photo in lock position as well. Here is the only photo I currently have on my phone:

FZ07.jpg

Thinking about doing this but where did you get white levers? Painted them?

• 2 years later...

I have an XSR700...and the bar clamps are--not the same spacing as the FZ-07...so I'm waiting on FZ-07 bar clamps.  I'll see how they fit on the XSR when they come in.   I had an FZ-09 bar for the street and bought clubman bars for trackdays, but I don't like the position of Clubman bars.  Trying to switch to Woodcraft to get some more variable adjustment -- I do trackdays on the XSR and it's my bike to toodle around the neighborhood--my VFR is for longer trips.  

You can see the 900 bars vs the clubman's...

Matt

39304896_2106835242670110_6626635346564087808_n.jpg

39441547_2106834956003472_4419430259917586432_n.jpg

39304899_2106835016003466_5935880953258835968_n.jpg

Archived