The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Clip-On Risers

Allan

Thanks for posting the pics! This helped make up my mind on going 1" down and the same Gilles rears. BTW, where did you get the rearsets? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for posting the pics! This helped make up my mind on going 1" down and the same Gilles rears. BTW, where did you get the rearsets? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-mt-07-billet-foot-pedals-adjuster-kit.html 

Looks like the price is going up. It's about $30 more now than I paid after converting to USD. I paid 264 GBP plus 20 GBP for shipping, so about $447 USD.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

How many people on the forums bought these because I just looked at Revzilla and all of them are out of stock. Haha If that is a result of people seeing them here, Revzilla should give me some commission. Lol
I had a notifier set and when I got the email they only had 2 in stock of the 1-inch kit. I believe I picked up the last one. They never had the 1.5 in stock though. 
I put in my order for the 1.5 inch as soon as I got the in stock email so I guess they must of only had one. It arrives tomorrow.

I had a notifier set and when I got the email they only had 2 in stock of the 1-inch kit. I believe I picked up the last one. They never had the 1.5 in stock though. 
I put in my order for the 1.5 inch as soon as I got the in stock email so I guess they must of only had one. It arrives tomorrow.
See @zlahivizbrian I'm helping you sell out of stuff. Haha You need to be giving me commission.  ;) Jkjk

• Premium Member

Just got off the phone with Woodcraft. Reconfirmed the 1.5 in the down position is the lowest you can go without interference.

They have stock, and so does Revzilla.

Ordered them from Revzilla 5 min ago...

:)

-Paulie

Just got off the phone with Woodcraft. Reconfirmed the 1.5 in the down position is the lowest you can go without interference. 

-Paulie
And the 1.5 in the up position is the highest you can go, correct?

-Paulie
Nice! That would be what I'm interested in... 1.5" in the down position.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

scordiaboy515

I'm very happy with the Suburban Machine clubman style bars......more of a proper sport bike posture imo.

One really great thing about the Woodcraft kit is the adjustably. Being able to swap risers to 1" or 1.5" on the whim, and flipping them up or down depending on how aggressive the rider wants it. Also being able to use any 7/8 clip-on bars gives a lot of leeway for length and quality.

It's a very elegant solution for the rider who wants to have real clip-ons without committing to major fork/triple-tree work.

F29071436.jpg

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

• Premium Member

-Paulie
And the 1.5 in the up position is the highest you can go, correct?

No sure on the highest position.  I thought I saw somewhere there was a 2 inch riser available, but it's not listed on Revzilla's site anymore for the FZ-07 and Woodcraft didn't mention it when I called either.

- Paulie

• 2 weeks later...

Easy enough to put a spacer, or plate ,under the spot where it mounts to the original handle bar brackets, to raise it furthur, if you so desire.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Let me cross post since some may not be perusing the original thread I posted pictures in. 

20150708_171248.jpg
20150706_184545.jpg
20150706_184614.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
fromthecage

I really like the way the clip-ons change the whole visual appeal of the front end. I should have a drag bar on soon, but the woodcrafts may be in the future......

• 1 month later...
Let me cross post since some may not be perusing the original thread I posted pictures in.  

Awesome pics. What adapter size did you buy?

• Premium Member

Awesome pics. What adapter size did you buy?
1.5, installed it "down" 

Any chance you could get a pic of you siting on the bike to see how aggressive it looks? Thanks Oh also how much lower than stock bars do they measure?
Thank you

• Premium Member
Any chance you could get a pic of you siting on the bike to see how aggressive it looks? Thanks Oh also how much lower than stock bars do they measure? Thank you
haha, camera shy, but i'll keep the helmet on :) 
Honestly, I'm not sure, what I can do is measure from the bottom of the bar to the ground. 

Any chance you could get a pic of you siting on the bike to see how aggressive it looks? Thanks Oh also how much lower than stock bars do they measure? Thank you
haha, camera shy, but i'll keep the helmet on :) 
Honestly, I'm not sure, what I can do is measure from the bottom of the bar to the ground. 

Puhlease! :) really interested in this measurement.

Thank you ch3rryghost the pics are perfect. That riding passion looks comfortable to me. Leaning forward a bit is good for when at speed as the wind hitting your chest will help hold you up instead of making it feel like your getting pushed off the back.

This will be the mod after suspension when I get my FZ-07

I don't think you'll regret it.

Well, first, I wish this website would notify me when there's a response to a thread I'm posting in. Anyway long story short, or I guess it's just short story short, I ended up ordering the one inch and wish I would have ordered the 1.5 inch. Definitely going to use them in the down position and maybe I'll just buy the 1.5 inch adapters to bolt onto it.

Second, that riding position is not aggressive at all! Kind of surprised. I wish that I could have a 2 or 2.5 inch. Oh well it'll have to do. And it will be much better than what I have now.

Thanks so much for posting the pics, I really appreciate it!

Keep in mind that ch3rryghost is on the taller side. If you're a midget like me, those controls will be plenty aggressive.

Archived