The MT-07 Forum

Hello from SoCal

cowrabbit

Hello, my name is Jena. I’ve been a lurker for a while … I’m finally getting my 15’ graphite in a week or so, waiting on some paperwork.

Been dirt biking for 6/7 years, trail riding only. I’m on a lowered CRF 250x now, had a DRZ 250 and DRZ 125 as learner bikes.

Started street biking a year ago on a GS500. Learned a lot on that bike, finally ready to upgrade  :)

I’m hoping this will be my final bike. Being petite (5’2” 100lbs) I’m pretty limited to choice of bikes. I want to tour longer distance, so far I've only done 400 mile day trips. But for now I need something bigger to make the 175 mile round trip to the twisties a little more comfortable. I was pushing my little gs500 at 85 mph and cars were still tailing me on CA highways.

I love ACH, it literally felt like falling in love again going through those roads.

Have to do some HW  and decide on a windscreen and reread Proficient Motorcycling before I hit the roads again.

Ride safe & have fun  :D

IMG_3297_zpspxa8epda.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome Jena! I think you made the right choice of bikes :)

I'm kinda getting the itch myself to try some trail riding. I"m just now getting into road racing vi track days, and I'm finding all of the fast guys I've talked to started out on the dirt :)

I miss ACH. Used to ride it every weekend when I lived in Cali back in the day. I'm not too far now (Vegas), so I might just have to make the trip down there to have lunch at Newcombs Ranch.

Again, welcome to the forum!

- Paulie

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Welcome Jena! You will love the FZ07. its such a light nimble bike with more than enough power. Just watch the right wrist it has more than enough power to do a power wheelie with my 220 pound self on it in 2nd gear.

I have the Rizoma Polycarbonate screen on my bike i really like it. It looks nice and gives some protection from the wind. At highway speeds wind hits me about chin level. I'm 5'10"

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome cowrabbit! Yay, another lady rider! Looking forward to hearing about your riding adventures. Do you plan to lower this bike too?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for welcoming me :)!

@hippiebikerchick Hi! Not planning to lower it, it's just the right size for me :D.
@wickedtwister thanks for the link, had no idea that screen existed.

• Premium Member

Welcome! I know what you mean on feeling "limited" on selections as I'm only an inch taller than you.

Another rider once told me that your height shouldn't be a limit to what you can ride... you just have to deal with it differently. He's shown me a few tricks on dealing with taller bikes. Definitely gave me the confidence to try and ride almost anything!

This guy also runs skillzdays if you're looking for a class to polish up on your skills. @ch3rryghost, my GF, and I plan to take it in 2 weeks (July 12th) if you have the bike by then!

On another note, I hit up ACH at least once a month. There's a ACH thread on here. We usually post when we're going if you want to meet up. Maybe I'll see you up there! 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Yes, try and make it out! Welcome to the forum, we got the same color combo!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and enjoy your new ride when you get it! Nice pics.

• Premium Member

Welcome. There are a few of us who ride local ACH, Little Tujunga etc. frequently. Check the local thread for meet ups. I have met several FZ-07 owners on ACH.

• 3 weeks later...

Took me a while, but got my bike  :)).
E87257AE-F014-43C0-AC46-CC0BEE885733_zpsobvolzf2.jpg

First ride tonight. It's ridiculously light. A lot more throttle response than my old gs500. Suspension is a little stiff, it's at its standard 3 preload (maybe everything is stiff coming off a dirt bike :-S). I have to make some room in the garage to adjust sag.

Have to wait a month for short adjustable levers to ship from Taiwan, stock levers are quite a reach for little hands.

Goodness it's a new relationship , give me a thousand miles then I'll probably be happy as a bird.  

@motomeek @ch3rryghost I'll see you Sunday  :) looking forward to meeting you two.  

You were here before me as I just joined the forums about an hour ago... but... WELCOME TO THE FZ07 FAMILY! lol. It's an awesome bike! I noticed in your post you said you love ACH... well I rode ACH this week 3 times already and it's barely about to be Friday... haha. Yea I know ACH pretty well with all the miles I've ridden up there! Maybe one day we will meet! Enjoy your new ride!

• Premium Member

Yay!! Yes I know dirt bike suspension spoil ppl...I wish I could take the suspension from my dirt scooter and put on the fz-07... The best thing you can do to get the suspension set up for you is to get the right springs in the front forks with proper oil and buy an aftermarket rear shock that built for you which will prolly eliminate 90-95% of the suspension problems for the fz-07...

If the fz-07 had suspension like a dirt bike like the 11" of travel and the behavior, I wouldn't mind hitting dirt country roads with the fz-07

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Took me a while, but got my bike  :)). E87257AE-F014-43C0-AC46-CC0BEE885733_zpsobvolzf2.jpg

First ride tonight. It's ridiculously light. A lot more throttle response than my old gs500. Suspension is a little stiff, it's at its standard 3 preload (maybe everything is stiff coming off a dirt bike :-S). I have to make some room in the garage to adjust sag.

Have to wait a month for short adjustable levers to ship from Taiwan, stock levers are quite a reach for little hands.

Goodness it's a new relationship , give me a thousand miles then I'll probably be happy as a bird.  

@motomeek @ch3rryghost I'll see you Sunday  :) looking forward to meeting you two.  

Yay! I had no idea you were coming how exciting. See you sunday. Congrats on the delivery

• Global Moderator

Welcome jena,
gratz on the purchase

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Awesome! See you then!! I'm assuming you hit up Jeff directly?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Awesome! See you then!! I'm assuming you hit up Jeff directly? 

Yup yup talked to Jeff.

Funny story I just happen to meet an OCMoto member last week at the car wash. He took skillzday years ago. It's a small moto world.

Archived