The MT-07 Forum

I crashed my FZ-07 (video)

GaiusDJesse

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@gaiusdjesse I bet it sucks. Anything I can do to help, I will. And even if you don't get another FZ-07, we will still always be here for you. Once an FZ-07 owner, always an FZ-07 owner. You are part of a family here and regardless of if you get another bike or not, you will always be a part of it. 

Sharing this video will definitely affect the riding of many motorcyclists for the better.  Myself included. Thank you.  
You were given a second chance.  Do something great with it  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

And yet again another re-post on Reddit

The stupid comments on there are really aggravating. crazy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I'm glad you are doing well! Regardless of what anybody says I don't think I would've done anything differently than you honestly (and I think of myself as a careful rider). Thanks to your video I'm going to take blind turns WAY more seriously than I currently do since this could really happen to anyone. Thanks - you dont even know how many lives you saved by showing this video to people like myself.

Your video makes me cringe, that's probably the worst possible crash anyone can have. I'm glad you're alive and doing well. Good video to watch for anyone new or old to riding.

• Global Moderator

Glad to hear you're ok, thanks for sharing this as a warning of what not to do for new and veteran riders

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 5 months later...

Frightening, glad your ok,
it looks like that bad patch
of road unsettles the bike and
you drift wider than you would normally
it's hard to tell but it looks like the
speed jumps just before the impact maybe
the rear lost contact hard to tell.

• Premium Member

Man, my wife and I just watched this and boy I gotta say you are one lucky SOB. Needless to say, but if that was any closer to "head-on" it's a good chance it would've been all over. One hell of an experience to be sure.  Only 8 lives left now. ;)

Your video is truly inspirational to us both to be ever mindful to the seemingly endless hazards of riding and also to ride smart. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us all.
Wish you all the best and a speedy and full recovery good sir.

Regards.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 2 months later...

There are all kinds of what ifs and woulda coulda shoulda''s but let's be thankful he is alive and can hopefully ride again.

Dam man, that was brutal to watch! I thought you just laid it down. I'm glad your good and alive! Got to be careful around them blind corners!

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad you came out of it alright. I am curious as to how you are doing now? I am six weeks out of an accident, somewhat similar accident and injuries. Hows the femur healing up for you?

bigdaddybane

I think God has some plans for you ... I'm so glad you're doing better. It's painful right now but you'll heal and get back to your normal. As per girlfriend thing, it seems she is not a wifie material anyway so move on and hunt for a true soulmate. All the best to you man ...

• 11 months later...
I've watched more than my share of crash videos, but I have never been so shocked. I am happy you are alive. Glad you had people with you that were so quick to help out. Take it easy out there and stay safe.
What Lucius said ???

I hope the OP has mended fully, physically as well as mentally by now!

The accident reminded me of a head-on I had with a Volvo back in 2006. The driver was making a pass around a slower car through a blind corner, blocking me from going anywhere as all room was taken and I didn't have enough in reserve to stop in time, meaning it was preventable from my side, despite the driver making the mistake and getting the blame.

I do not remember anything after entering the corner, but apparently I panicked and locked the front brakes and went down. I probably did about 40 mph when we hit, the car maybe 25. I slid head first, cracked the helmet and broke my nose. But other than a heavy concussion I was OK.

No video of the accident, but this is a video I shot a couple of years later. The accident happened just a few turns before the video begins.

The road
gallery_630_197_40369.jpg

Bumping this thread, watch the video on page one to remember to wear good gear, stay in your lane and be careful out there folks!
     I don't know whether to thank you for bumping this video or not, I guess it depends on if I sleep tonight or not. :) I do agree that it's useful to help new and old riders alike to avoid the same pitfall.     I'm glad that this forum was here to lend support, some people aren't fortunate enough to have the right folks by their side. Having been a motorcyclist from my teens I sometimes forget that not everyone understand us. Some of the biggest problems for riders that I've seen and experienced especially after an accident is the fears of those around you. It can really mess with your head and make things much harder. Focus is so important, if you're going to ride.

Man I'll tell ya. Allot has been said but we can't say what we would have done or wouldn't have in that situation. And we all have our little tendancies. When I'm behind some slow guy I'll get in the next lane and I'll gun it and merge in front of them and all of a sudden I'm doing 60 70. I get aggressive while I ride but I'm still cautious. But there's a few areas that have some really tight S turns with wide open areas that I can see traffic coming from every area. And i practice my throttle control and getting my lines tight in that area. Not saying it's safe. I didn't notice the cop in the church parking lot when I came flying around the second turn and he just shook his head at me and hit his lights an siren. I was easily doing double if not more the mph in that area buy the time exited the turn just in time to see him. I shut it down at 70 and he flipped his lights and siren on and then off and that was it didn't chase me or anything. He had me dead to rights but Just kinda hey you need to stop doing that. We all have our little things we do so honestly I'm not gonna say I'd have handled it different cause I wasn't put in that situation. I hope when I am I remember this video and can avoid it though. But im glad you're OK and for your girlfriend. Don't waist a tear on her. I'm lucky I found an amazing woman. She loves me and is extremely devoted to me. I recently had to have an emergency surgery to have my gallbladder out and she really stepped up.she stayed the hole time in the hospital with me, she took a few days off to make sure I was OK until I could get around without help at home. And now is taken extra shifts to take care of the bills cause I can't go back to work for 30 days.
The line for better or worse is no joke if she can't be there in your times of need but expects you to be there for hers then you don't need her one Dam bit. I had to go through tons and tons of Wenom and failed relationships to find her. Not just her but myself. I had to redo who I was and become a good part of society instead of a deadbeat. So as you go your learn and evolve and sooner or later you'll find that one who just works. Is everything you want and is willing to stick it out in the good and bad times.

Archived