The MT-07 Forum

I crashed my FZ-07 (video)

GaiusDJesse

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I watched your video yesterday and was so stunned that only now am I able to comment on it. First, I am so glad that you survived! It sure didn't look survivable.

This has been a grave reminder and I think everyone on the forum has learned something from it. Thanks for sharing it and I hope that you heal completely.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god the brain has it's way of repressing traumatic events or else people would be like quivering bowl's of jello if they remembered everything after an accident. Dude, that scared the hell out of me, I think I need some trauma therapy from watching it! I'm glad you're alive and doing ok, that could've been "The Big Sleep" but I'm quite sure you're aware of that by now. I would tell you how you really fuqt up but others have beat me to it and between the wreck and the verbal beatings YOU ARE one beat up mutha. Seems to me you need a rest now more than anything so I'll wish you well and lot's of ice cream during your recovery. 

BTW, I've heard that one form of good physical/mental therapy is to lift the leg from a seated position and plant it repeatedly in girlfriends nagging arse.

Beemer

I'm really glad that you're alive GaiusDJesse. Just watching your crash video makes me want to ride less aggressive and to respect the road. I just installed my DNA air filter and I think I'll wait until tomorrow to ride her, after watching your video. Get better man, and we're here for you!

Wow.
I am amazed you are still with us.

I watched the video in slow motion and you lose control of the bike before you cross the center line.
It wasn't quite a tank slap, but your handlebars were going left and right and the bike looked to be going up and down or your head was.
Watch the video at 2:40 and 2:41

I wonder if you hit something in the road? A Rock, pothole, small animal and that was the actual first thing that led to this.

MAN o MAN
GLAD YOU ARE STILL HERE!!!

Not sure I could watch that video after experiencing it. I won't watch it again

Even with all the fractures ( i fell off a ladder 14 years ago and have 3, 90mm titanium screws thru the neck of my left femur as a reward for stupid tricks) you are very lucky to still be with us.

Heal up - be patient.

• Premium Member

Wow. Aside from your surviving, it's pretty amazing that your camera survived such a hit! And that your friend found it.

I have yet to hit up that part of GMR. Never knew some of the roads up there didn't have markings. All good vibes to you and your speedy recovery.

And +1 to ceasing any communication with the ex. Sad that it had to be such circumstances to have her show her true colors. Can't deal with people that are only there for the good. They aren't worth your time.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

That was hard to watch. My stomach churned when I was watching you turn that corner. Material things are replaceable. It great to see you're still alive. Stay positive and let this incident make you a stronger person, even with the girl leaving. In the long run, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Thanks for sharing and I wish you a speedy recovery!

thomascrown

If she was a flake, better for her to be exposed sooner, rather than later. You don't want her doing this to you when you put a ring on her finger and she's taking half your stuff. You may have hit a semi...but at least you dodged a bullet.

Wishing you strength and recovery with each day. Thank you for sharing your experience and allowing us to learn through your lens. I've definitely been guilty of crossing the lanes when I ride at above my skill level. ACH is my usually ride, GMR is little difficult I'm not familiar with it yet.

My SO broke his arm while we were dirt biking last December. He had to sit 8 days with a broken arm before surgery. It was definitely a trial on our relationship. Take every opportunity to exercise your sore muscles through O.T. Massage your scar tissues daily and look into cortisone shots to diminish raised scarring.

Wow, and I was just telling a new rider on here about not crossing the double yellow. Real or imaginary - NEVER cross the centerline on a 2-way traffic road. That's an extreme example of why I tell people things like that, folks.

I'm glad, like everyone else, you lived through that. I lost a buddy to crashes mush less severe than that. Heal up soon man.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

I'm speechless. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I cringed when I saw the impact. Watched it one more time and almost came to tears. I am so sorry. As others have mentioned, you ARE lucky to be alive, and someone was definitely looking out for you. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend.

- Paulie

Holy cow! Glad you made it through that ordeal, sorry about your lady running off what a bitch. I see where you are laying in and I assume nobody moved you so although you did nail the truck you still had enough coordination in trying to avoid it that you glanced off the driver side front end which probably saved your life. Had you took it front and center most assuredly a different outcome. I didn't see the entire video but was the truck forest service or fireman? Some type of 1st responders? Look like a Coca Cola truck. Did deep, and find some peace and joy before this life is all over. God bless! - pH

@GaiusDJesse Thank god you're alive! I'm speechless after watching that vid, I gasped out loud and replayed it and my eyes filled with tears! How shocking. Incredible! Good thing you had immediate response and looks like maybe a heli med-evac...

Thank you for sharing your video for us to learn from. We're supporting you in your recovery! Take it easy and do those therapy exercises no matter what so you can get back to "normal" as possible. So sorry to hear about your GF, but you don't need her if she bailed during the bad times.

Take care of yourself and everybody be careful out there. *shivers*

fromthecage

Saw this on Instagram before I knew it was here. That was a nasty crash but I know we are all glad that your alive and kicking. Heal up well and keep your chin up.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Wow, that was difficult to watch!  I am glad you survived the crash and are on the mend. 

ratherbebiking

Thanks for posting. I can almost guarantee that someone who watched this, because you posted, will avoid such a situation...maybe even me! glad to hear you will heal. again, big thumbs up from me for letting us all learn

GaiusDJesse

@bmwpowere36m3 That's an awesome quote! Thank you again!

@cavedog Yeah I know that doesn't really matter but it's still something that really hurts. I won't be getting another bike but I do have a 1984 Honda Nighthawk in my garage that needs some work. Maybe I'll use it, maybe I'll sell it.. Not sure yet.

@guru On reddit you say? Do you have the link? I saw that you had posted the video before me but you erased you thread? You could have kept it up man! But yes I am getting a lot of well meant advice but also a lot mean comments from ignorant people who believe that everyone should be perfect and accidents don't happen, but I know to ignore them. Thank you so much!

@hobbs Haha very true, I'm a badass now I guess lol. But thank you!

@papal Yes I have been trying to stay as positive as I can throughout this situation, thanks!

@thestache Thank you, I appreciate it!

@panzer716 Trust me, you don't want to break those bones. It really sucks. But yes I can see how you relate, I tried talking to my gf about but she had already made up her mind the whole time that she wasn't visiting me. The physical pain was mostly the first two weeks but it does not compare at all to the mental pain. But thank you, you have no idea how much I appreciate that. It makes me feel better just knowing that there are still people like you and everyone on this forum that are so supportive. You guys help me keep going strong. I will keep that in mind for if I find myself in a real bad time again. Thank you!

@hippiebikerchick I know, I'm the luckiest unlucky guy haha. I really do hope people learn from it and that it'll save lives and avoid these kind of accidents. Thank you!

@beemer Thank you! and yes I thought the same thing. I'm glad I don't remember it or any of the pain while I laid on the road. Lol yeah screw her man.

@vitaltears Good! I'm glad my video makes people think twice when riding. At least that's one good thing coming out of it! But thank you!

@lusiphur I'm not sure what exactly happened either but it does look like it could have been something on the road. I am glad to still be here! Thanks!

GaiusDJesse

@rick I try to be patient! But it's getting more difficult stay that way! Thank you though! How's that leg been treating you these past 14 years?

@motomeek I was also amazed that the camera survived and still works perfectly! I guess GoPro's are pretty tough! Yeah that was GRR right after you finish GMR and get to the turn out you can see GRR's entrance. My advice, stay out of GRR. Thank you and yes she wasted two years of my life! Yeah my video has really been blowing up, I was also on Fox 11 news.

@gaz Yeah you know it's her loss anyway, she had an accident and I was there for her everyday. I have good things coming to me in the future, and once I'm better I am definitely going to use my leg and arm like I never did before. Thank you!

@thomascrown Dude, that was funny haha. Good one. Yeah I guess it is better now than later, I now know what kind of person she really is.

@cowrabbit Thank you for the wishes. You're welcome, I hope this really helps you out on the road to stay safe! I definitely try to move my muscles as much as I can and I use aloe vera on my wounds to diminish the scarring.

@aeisan Show that rider this video. But thank you, yes I know people die from accidents not nearly as bad as mine was, I was lucky.

@pgeldz Yeah I really did have someone looking out for me. Thank you friend!

@phoutenbrink Yup, she's such a bitch, especially considering that I was always there for her and would put up with her nasty attitude at times. I would have definitely not came out alive if I had hit it in the center. It was a firetruck that carries entrusted inmates to clean the forest and what not. Thank you so much!

@ladyfz Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try to do everything to get my leg and arm back to how they used to be. But yeah my gf was just a waste of time apparently. Thank you!!

@fromthecage Thank you! I try to stay positive everyday! I posted it on my Instagram also but I'm sure other IG accounts have copied it and uploaded it on their accounts. 

@easternkayaker Thank you!

@ratherbebiking Thank you! I really hope it help someone avoid situations like this! 

@jetgirl Thanks!!

Well, you are now famous on the interwebs. This video has popped up on 4 different FaceBook pages I sub to 2 FZ07 pages, MTMR(Middle Tennessee Motorcycle Riders), and NAMR(Nashville Area), the over riding sentiment....you are, "lucky to be alive" bro this video scared me just seeing it...get well bro, and if ride again, ride safe dude

• Global Moderator
@guru On reddit you say? Do you have the link? I saw that you had posted the video before me but you erased you thread? You could have kept it up man! But yes I am getting a lot of well meant advice but also a lot mean comments from ignorant people who believe that everyone should be perfect and accidents don't happen, but I know to ignore them. Thank you so much! 

Yes I am pretty sure I first saw it on Reddit first. I looked and I found this one. But I'm not sure if it was that specific one because there has been a couple of reposts in the meantime. 
I posted it before you and I wasn't actually the one that erased it. But I agree with the moderation because it serves no purpose to have lots of similar threads. I'd rather see all the comment in one threads i.e. this one. 

missourifz07

Enjoying my morning coffee today and saw a clip of this on the national news. Recognized the fz07 right away and got excited, then the horrible crash occurred. Glad to know you survived and are on the road to recovery!!

Archived