The MT-07 Forum

New exhaust

fz07

Spending 1k on a "budget bike" sure does seem counterproductive. Are the performance gains from either Akrapovic or Two Brothers exhaust enough to make it worth the 1k? Yes the new sound is probably worth 500 alone. What are y'alls thoughts?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Torque, HP, and weight reduction along with sound are all the benefits of exhausts. I can't think of a few scenarios where I've almost been cut off and if the motorcycle was more audible that person wouldn't of merged over.

Guest unknown

I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. Loud Pipes don't always save lives. Defensive driving and proper placement save lives. I find that I can predict what cars are going to do before they do it and position myself accordingly. i don't hang out in people's blind spots and I always leave myself an exit. These tactics do much more than just having loud pipes IMO.

• Premium Member

Agreed. However, if it helps just a little, I'm all for it. I don't care what Joe Bob thinks of my bike's exhaust or that he is annoyed that I have HID's. My life is more important than a 10 second annoyance to that individual. I'll take all the help I can get. Especially out here in Georgia.

Around $1000 for a Two Brothers!? Ack! Was never a fan of their muffler aesthetics.

The Akrapovic is looking like a better bargain now :|

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

I agree with everyone's thoughts of the price but remember that it was just a guesstimate. If you like the looks of it I would hold off on buying the akra until you know for sure the price and sound. I got no videos so as patient as I've been, I want my bike back now. I'm going to make a call today and see what's going on. I'll let y'all know what happens.

I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. Loud Pipes don't always save lives. Defensive driving and proper placement save lives. I find that I can predict what cars are going to do before they do it and position myself accordingly. i don't hang out in people's blind spots and I always leave myself an exit. These tactics do much more than just having loud pipes IMO.
I think you can make a case for both, and try to practice the above, but sometimes in bumper to bumper or at a stop light in my small town there is no avenue for escape...just last week a lady texting while at the light slowly started moving into my lane, knowing my pipes(stock) would not make her pay attention, my horn worked...funny, I hear her little girl yell at her, "MOMMY STOP TEXTING YOU COULD HIT SOMEONE"

Guest unknown
I think you can make a case for both, and try to practice the above, but sometimes in bumper to bumper or at a stop light in my small town there is no avenue for escape...just last week a lady texting while at the light slowly started moving into my lane, knowing my pipes(stock) would not make her pay attention, my horn worked...funny, I hear her little girl yell at her, "MOMMY STOP TEXTING YOU COULD HIT SOMEONE"
Loud Pipes Debunked 
When I am stopped or in slow traffic I usually position myself so that I can easily get to the shoulder or another lane aka an escape route. I can't really think of a situation where I don't have an escape plan from a dumb cager texting or what have you.

It's funny that your horn worked just fine but the pipes didn't. I'm all for loud pipes for performance reasons but there are times I hate being in my car and some guy with obnoxiously loud pipes just paces next to me. >:D

Loud Pipes Debunked 
When I am stopped or in slow traffic I usually position myself so that I can easily get to the shoulder or another lane aka an escape route. I can't really think of a situation where I don't have an escape plan from a dumb cager texting or what have you.

It's funny that your horn worked just fine but the pipes didn't. I'm all for loud pipes for performance reasons but there are times I hate being in my car and some guy with obnoxiously loud pipes just paces next to me. >:D

It's a weird spot, I was in, on my left, was a ditch, on my right was other traffic, could not lane split as she was in front of me. But it made me think about how to avoid it in the future...see, I still think about it 

Well I'm picking up my bike today. Took a while but I think it will all be worth it. The past couple days was the photo shoot and videos. I think it will be cool to see my bike on the website. They're gonna come pick me up so I can ride it home, not after I go for a joyride of course. I'll give my review when I get back with a couple pics and video.

Congrats @fz07 I know its been a long awaited return to your FZ-07, do you know when the pics and videos will go live on their site?

MarylandFZ07
Well I'm picking up my bike today. Took a while but I think it will all be worth it. The past couple days was the photo shoot and videos. I think it will be cool to see my bike on the website. They're gonna come pick me up so I can ride it home, not after I go for a joyride of course. I'll give my review when I get back with a couple pics and video.
video would be awesome ! we need to hear it! 

We'll I'm back from the joyride after picking up my bike. It is a completely new bike now.  I can actually hear the revs. I really like it, from the looks of it, the tig welds are beautiful and I love the carbon fiber. Figment is great and the sound is awesome. They said its about 10lbs lighter than stock. Power is like 5-6hp but the throttle is so much more crisp. They did not do the juice box, they said it didn't need it, it ran good a/f throughout, mind you I'm in so cal so take into consideration your sea level. All in all. I'm happy.  If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh and they said they hope to have it available in about a week or so so I would imagine the info will be on the website shortly. 
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/37123d984b70cf75310096824bd05b10.jpg
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/66be2c138bed27ee91bba89b44a9232c.jpg
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/0bb851c0ce528ace8dcc494c4c653a94.jpg
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/97602364a6d153f2b0b7208fc604c1d7.jpg
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/0b92dc9852f005a79804beae35c6bd65.jpg
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/11silveradoe/a092e0e91dd9ce2a0a000fc18680f20d.jpg

That does look good. Is there an Actual Dyno sheet with a before and after?
There will be on the website soon. 

Archived