The MT-07 Forum

New exhaust

fz07

Got a call from two brothers racing yesterday.  They want to borrow my bike to test fit there new fz07 exhaust. Once they get it perfect they leave all parts on the bike.  Should be pretty cool being the first fz07 with a 2brothers exhaust. Hopefully I'll see it in the mags and on their site. I'll post some pics as soon as a get the bike back.  :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Jealous !! No chance in Ontario to get freebies like that. Can't wait to see the result and read your review.

• Premium Member

That's awesome, I love Two Brothers exhausts.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Outstanding! I will be the first to order one as soon as it is on the market

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

GRATS dude, two brothers makes a great product, interested to see and hear it compared to the Akro(w/out DB killer)

Yea I was pretty excited to hear they wanted my bike. Im very close to their shop so I'm sure that made them want it more. I asked if it would be a full exhaust or just a slip on. He said he wasn't exactly sure yet. He said the stock head pipes are already free flowing so making a new one would be counter productive. He did say though if he could shave more weight by making the head pipe, he would. Definitely made the fz09 sound good, the one on their website

Yea I was pretty excited to hear they wanted my bike. Im very close to their shop so I'm sure that made them want it more. I asked if it would be a full exhaust or just a slip on. He said he wasn't exactly sure yet. He said the stock head pipes are already free flowing so making a new one would be counter productive. He did say though if he could shave more weight by making the head pipe, he would. Definitely made the fz09 sound good, the one on their website
Are they going to do a juicebox map for it as well?

RRokay Raggie

So they picked my bike up a little earlier, looks like it's going to be a full system with juice box to make sure it doesn't run too lean and also to optimize power. He was very cool when I was talking to him, seems like I'll be a much happier fz07 owner in about a week. I will definitely post some pics as soon as I get it back. I did mention this forum site so maybe I can set something up with them to where anyone interested can get a discount or get a group buy if enough people want it. I'll keep ya posted.

• Global Moderator

Would it be possible to visit them while they are working on it. It would awesome to see (and share)

I'm sure I could if I was available. I won't be available until Wednesday and they may or may not be done with it. I'll try though.

Marthy as in former FZ6R forum now with an FZ-09 Marthy? I was creeping the FZ6R forum for a long time, researching bikes until I got my FZ-07 lol

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Global Moderator

Hey marty, welcome. Feel fee to do a little intro in the New Member Introduction section.

We'll try and focus on the Two Brothers exhaust here. Can't wait to see more info and pics

Marthy as in former FZ6R forum now with an FZ-09 Marthy? I was creeping the FZ6R forum for a long time, researching bikes until I got my FZ-07 lol
Yep, this is me. Still got the 6R and got the FZ09 all sort out now too.  

Since the title of the thread is New Exhaust and not only TB I tough I would just post here instead. Some of you know me from other houses. Been building custom exhaust for the FZ6R and a few for the FZ09. I wasn't planning getting a FZ07 yet until my wife learn a bit of the 6R then I can trade it in for a nice FZ07.

Cheers!
Martin

LOL, I was doing the same thing

Wish I was closer to you Marthy (Ontario, Canada) I would jump all over this opportunity, if only you were still in Quebec

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

How much louder is the exhaust over stock. One of the reasons I am getting this bike is bc of how quiet it is. I would like a better flowing more hp exhaust but w/out the crazy increase in noise.

It's one of those things. If it flow better it's because it get out faster... then make more noise. The good thing about the twin (or triple in my case) it's that you don't have that high pitch screaming noise constantly. My 6R spin 7K @ 75 MPH... that gets old quick! The 09, all open makes less noise than the wind noise at cruising speed.

Archived