The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust change

charlie636

My bike is brand new.I want to change the exhaust is there a certain amount of mileage I have to wait until to change? I was thinking of the m4 or yoshi

• Premium Member

I just ordered the Yosi pipe and only have 87 miles on the bike, I don't think you need to wait.

Good to know thanks guys
Surprise us with what you get by posting a pic of it.

Beemer

Even though many people are on the fence, I would get a fuel programmer (Power Commander or EJK) both have a tune specifically for the yoshi and our bike. The EJK is a bit cheaper and we do get a discount from this site. It's well worth the price of admission. An exhaust and tune goes together like lamb and tunafish!

Dustin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I changed out the exhaust this weekend and WOW BIKE CAME TO LIFE!!!!
Udy2qP4.jpg

ZHKULTX.jpg

BaKNvU5.jpg

KUVAgE9.jpg

I put on some blue levers too, need to get some nice blue yamaha stickers for the tank.

• Premium Member
speedingtickets

Do it NOW! Yoshi R77 Full System + K&N High Flow Air Filter + Power Commander V w/ Custom Map. You probably won't need Auto Tune, however I would love to hear if someone did add it. Don't do it yourself, I had to do my pipe twice because their instructions suck! They show how their product assembles but not how it attaches to the bike. If you do it, keep hanger on inside (so pipe is slightly closer to bike) and replace gaskets with new ones (it is not easy keeping both of them in place, 4 must be a nightmare). Re-tighten after a few miles back to spec. Check for leaks with smoke. Did I forget anything anyone?

• Premium Member

I didn't get a fuel programmer (Power commander or EJK) the bike runs great, love the sound. I am planning on getting the ECU flashed which will improve on a lot of things. I'm still running the stock air filter and I'm also 50/50 about removing the snorkel. It was a pain getting the header gaskets to stay but I managed and I was able to reuse the old ones. I only have 300 miles on the bike now and will check the header nuts in about 20 miles or so. I used Youtube to look up what others have done when they installed their Yoshi pipe, Help out a lot and I think it was Russian riders video I liked the most and followed.

Archived