The MT-07 Forum

STL area check in

afwestpunk

Sometimes I wonder if I am the first/only in the area with the 07
Just wanted to see who else is in the area.

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Illinois outside of Saint Louis

missourifz07

East St. Louis.....I'll never admit to have ever been there ; ) Right on man....your about the closest FZ-07 to me that I know of.

ditto
One time I thought I saw an 07 riding around but was just mistaken

BTW- defiantly not East Saint Louis, my bike would have been stolen with in 5 mins of purchase
lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The dealership is right behind my house so i rode it through the grass home.  I'll have to wait till Tuesday to get my temp plate and insurance, it was 6:00 pm by the time I got it home.  Called progressive and they wanted 578 a year, just want to find a little better rate.  Cant wait to try it on the road, but I can tell you the tires don't like to go up a small grass hill.  

missourifz07

Lol.....where did you get it? I got mine from advantage power sports off Barry road behind hooters. The only other dealership I know that had one was in warrensburg. A pretty red one.

Well the only one I could find around here was the pretty red one, not my favorite color but I wasn't going to turn this bike down.  I got the bike still showing 0 miles on the odometer.  I think this bike should do everything I need and not get me in trouble or kill me like it's bigger brother.

missourifz07

I had my first service done at Area 51 off I-70. He was about $100 less than the dealership and that was with overpriced but really good oil. Lots of threads on here for break in methods. Biggest thing is to make sure to not stay at one level of rpm for very long. Lots of great info on here.

Thanks for the info for service, did they do a throttle body sync or is it even needed?  Yeah this site has been great, I've been looking through it for a couple of weeks now.  I was looking at used bikes between 2-6 K, some of them had up to 45 K miles.  I happened to stumble across this bike, after I saw the specs, reviews and the price I knew this was what I wanted.  I guess I got lucky the dealership next to me happened to have one, only the second one they've had come through.

missourifz07

The guy I had do my service was skeptical about the throttle body sync at first. He checked into it and said it was recommended at every oil change(says that in the owner s manual for service maintanance). He said it was 5% off and was glad he checked it. I was in the same boat as you in my search for bikes. Came across the fz09 and loved it but I didn't want my starter bike to have 100+ hp. I debated over it and then found the 07 and it was a no brainer. A few months back they were real hard to come by but seems as though there is starting to be a steady flow. I am sure Tuesday can't come fast enough for you!

Yeah I posted my # mine is 000783.  I cant wait for Tuesday, I did squeeze in 5 miles yesterday on back roads but I figured I better not press my luck anymore.  So far I really like the torque and I've only briefly reached 6K RPM.

Yeah I posted my # mine is 000783.  I cant wait for Tuesday, I did squeeze in 5 miles yesterday on back roads but I figured I better not press my luck anymore.  So far I really like the torque and I've only briefly reached 6K RPM.
Well its Thursday now....I hope you have put at least 100 miles on your new bike ; ) 

• 1 month later...

Whats up ricochet08...Welcome to the forum. I am on the other side of the state but hey, another Missouri FZ07 owner. Hope you are enjoying your bike.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm in st Louis! St Charles county to be more precise, but we should get together. I have a white fz07. Send me a pm, weather going to be great here this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...