yamahappy74

Love this cowl, but not the price

ryan4130
$100-$140 is a standard price for a windshield

yamahappy74
$100-$140 is a standard price for a windshield
Maybe so, but PJs has it for $30 cheaper, which is what I wanted. Besides, it's more of a flyscreen than a windscreen. I doubt it helps at all with wind. 

botbullet0
So would this help at all with wind? I think I saw this mentioned in a windshield thread on here.

jake
I have the tall one, and I'm fine going 70 80 mph 130 mile round trip commute to work. But if you are worried about wind why get a naked bike?

yamahappy74
I'm buying the low one purely for looks. It's the only one I've seen that adds to the look of the bike instead detracting from it.

djdiddles
I actually have this windscreen. Doesn't do much except protect the keys, but something is better than nothing.

Order from PJ parts.

botbullet0
I'm buying the low one purely for looks. It's the only one I've seen that adds to the look of the bike instead detracting from it.
That's why I want one. But blocking a little bit of wind would be an added bonus

Beemer
It's a hunk of molded plastic and probably doesn't cost the manufacturer more than a few bucks to make each one so yeah, effing ridiculous.
  • Like 1

yamahappy74
It's a hunk of molded plastic and probably doesn't cost the manufacturer more than a few bucks to make each one so yeah, effing ridiculous.

That's just about everything. Go Capitalism.

Beemer
yamahappy74

How much are plastic dog turds going for these days? Marked up 2000% I bet. Yeah, go capitalism! I should glue one to someone's Prius. Freedom of Expression, yay!
  • Like 1

yamahappy74
I look at rearsets and think, "there is no way those things cost anywhere near the hundreds of dollars they charge for them". Same with exhaust systems. Huge mark ups on everything. Yeah, I hate it as much as the next guy, but unfortunately, that's just the way it is. If ya want it, ya gotta pay for it. I'm all for finding deals though.

ryan4130
Definitely overpriced for the materials, but not the part. Think of all the manufacturing processes (like molds, for screens), engineers, components and standards, logistics, overhead, etc. Their profit margins are probably in the 10-20% range if I had to guess. Keeps people employed somewhere

squintyeyes
What is the material? It looks like it could be metal but its probably plastic right?