Love this cowl, but not the price

yamahappy74

$100-$140 is a standard price for a windshield

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
$100-$140 is a standard price for a windshield
Maybe so, but PJs has it for $30 cheaper, which is what I wanted. Besides, it's more of a flyscreen than a windscreen. I doubt it helps at all with wind. 

• Premium Member

I have the tall one, and I'm fine going 70 80 mph 130 mile round trip commute to work. But if you are worried about wind why get a naked bike?

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I'm buying the low one purely for looks. It's the only one I've seen that adds to the look of the bike instead detracting from it.

• Premium Member

I actually have this windscreen. Doesn't do much except protect the keys, but something is better than nothing.

Order from PJ parts.

I'm buying the low one purely for looks. It's the only one I've seen that adds to the look of the bike instead detracting from it.
That's why I want one. But blocking a little bit of wind would be an added bonus

It's a hunk of molded plastic and probably doesn't cost the manufacturer more than a few bucks to make each one so yeah, effing ridiculous.

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
It's a hunk of molded plastic and probably doesn't cost the manufacturer more than a few bucks to make each one so yeah, effing ridiculous.

That's just about everything. Go Capitalism.

yamahappy74

How much are plastic dog turds going for these days? Marked up 2000% I bet. Yeah, go capitalism! I should glue one to someone's Prius. Freedom of Expression, yay!

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I look at rearsets and think, "there is no way those things cost anywhere near the hundreds of dollars they charge for them". Same with exhaust systems. Huge mark ups on everything. Yeah, I hate it as much as the next guy, but unfortunately, that's just the way it is. If ya want it, ya gotta pay for it. I'm all for finding deals though.

Definitely overpriced for the materials, but not the part. Think of all the manufacturing processes (like molds, for screens), engineers, components and standards, logistics, overhead, etc. Their profit margins are probably in the 10-20% range if I had to guess. Keeps people employed somewhere

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Archived