The MT-07 Forum

What a versatile bike!

rowdy

• Premium Member

I did a 200 mile ride today, mostly mountains with some nice sweepers, 65-70 mph stuff, a little freeway 80-85, and some backroads (roads? really? almost trails - 25-35, hitting 20% grades and in horrible repair). First. The bike is amazing in it's versatility. I had to take the freeway to get to the good stuff, but I seem to be getting used to the Givi and some air hitting me, and was comfortable doing somewhat twisty freeway up Parley's Canyon here in UT at 80+ mph.  From there, I was having so much fun that I decided to venture up Wolf Creek Pass.  Around here, it is a pretty famous stretch of motorcycle goodness, with twisties, fantastic scenery, and sticky smooth tarmac.  I wasn't disappointed. I didn't get to do the entire stretch due to the storm clouds at what would have been the far point of the loop, but... I got to do the best parts and up to the summit (>9600') and down to the small town of Hanna.  I got something to drink and headed back. On the way back I realized I could take an alternate route and avoid freeway traffic.  It's an obscure road from Midway Utah over whats known as Guardsman's Pass to Big Cottonwood Canyon, then down to the city (I did a similar, but reverse direction route on my bicycle yesterday).   Midway to Brighton is a "road" in a loose sense of the definition. On this stretch I was held up by several people out on their "adventure bikes", and a couple on full-on duel-sports. We were on a "road" that should have suited them, and I passed them when we hit turnout points (they know they were holding me up and pulled over).  The stock suspension handles the really bad stuff pretty well! Once I hit Brighton, it was a beautiful descent down the twisty canyon road to the valley with nicely paved roads and speed in the upper 40s (limited by weekend canyon traffic),  then a 12 mile stretch of freeway home.   So bottom line, lot's of stuff, bike rocked.
[attachment id=523" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

Dude thats awesome! Im a fellow Utahan ha. Just picked my bike up a weekago. Looking forward to a trip like the one you described!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm no expert. In fact I am noobish when it comes to bikes, but it does seem to have some dirt bike/sport touring dna from the standpoint of clearance and posture and a suspension that might be better suited for potholes than the track.

Databyter

• Premium Member
That is a big block of letters to read. Enter key.
Glock
Next time all try to use one syllable words too.  Just for you! :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest Ralph

There is nothing in the price range that comes even close to the 07
it could do with a better rear shock and slightly bigger tank but that
would be being greedy, If they did a trail bike version I may be tempted.

Archived