The MT-07 Forum

I AM too big for this bike ? I want to buy it

drfz07

Please!!!! I need help, I want to buy the 2015 yamaha fz-07.
my question is. If Im too big for this bike ? my hight is 6.2' and I weight 230 pound.
I want to make the right decision.

• Global Moderator

Im an inch shorter and 25lbs heavier, im in love with this thing. Coming off a 1200 sportster, i loved the riding position and the low end torque
If you can find a demo day, test it out

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

short answer: no, you are not -- but one of the first mods I would recommend is upgrading the suspension, which can be as simple/inexpensive as new springs and heavier oil in the forks, and an upgraded spring and valving of the rear shock

tank guy for the replays , i been looking to get one but in NY i can find it i live in the bronx and the demo is like crazy far from here. I will go to get it on Wednesday, and i will post pic, for you guys thank for you help

There were lots for sale up in NY when I was looking. Still have this lightly used one for $5600 http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-114217304
i been looking now and a lot of place are out of stock, but in jamaica ave they tell me they can get me one in 3 days after i buy it , i am looking to get the one with the blue  fram and rings. i will check on Wednesday, but they tell me the price is 8,100 out the door.

Im 6'2" and 215. And this bike is a blast. You wont be disappointed. 

thank !!! for sharing that, i will looking to get it on Wednesday, i wan the one with the blue frame and ring. 

Half of my riding is with my daughter. Total weight on the bike is 300lb. I adjusted the rear suspension to 7 clicks (factory is set at 1 if I remember correctly). And we ride like that all day. Thanks to the huge torque, I barely feel my daughter is there :)

• Premium Member

5'11 230 bike is great suspension is fine too.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived