The MT-07 Forum

Roll Call, who else here rides dirtbikes?

Cruizin

Dirt rider here. 

Been riding dirt for over 20 years.

Downgraded to trails and desert only, no track. 

Currently on a KTM 450exc, it's a tractor.

Would love a light 2-smoke but CA laws limit use of them.

Vehicles with 2-wheels of any sort is a drug for me… I need help!

I recently bought dirt wheels/tires for my DR-Z400SM. Looking forward to learning how to play in the dirt!
I spent a long time riding DRZ's off road. Do yourself a favor and get a set of these or you will dump all your oil on a trail and push your bike for miles. Seen it happen so many times!  
CFC OFFROAD ENGINE ARMOR DRZ400 / KLX400 Case guards All Years

Oh yeah, I read that's an all too common occurrence on DRZs.  I went with the Thumper Talk covers.  Same thing, different logo.  I also got a new shifter and I'm going to grind the back of the rear brake lever smooth as I heard those have a nasty habit of punching holes in the engine covers.  

New vid, I love this bike!

2015 fz-07 akrapovic exhaust
2015 ktm 500 xc-w dirt/supermoto tire and wheels

• Premium Member

Got the chance to demo 4 differ 2016 yamaha dirt bikes on sunday... the y250 has my attention now... time to trade the wr250f in...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I've been dirt biking for 6 years now. It's just nearing the end of desert riding season in Southern California. Since falling off a cliff, hubby won't take me on forest rides.

The YZ250 is super fun, perfect for trail riding with the right sprocket. Too bad it's too tall for me (5'2") once I take off, I can't stop.

Wish me luck - I just brought home my first KTM, a 2016 200 XC-W.
Hope I get a good feeling from it and enjoy it.

Wish me luck - I just brought home my first KTM, a 2016 200 XC-W. Hope I get a good feeling from it and enjoy it.
Nice! I don't know to much about the 200 as I have the a 500 4 stroke, but I have a feeling that you will be wondering why you didn't drink the orange kool aid long ago! Did you have them street legalize it?? any of the ktm's can be street legalized unlike the Yamaha's whose title specifically say that you can't the ktms don't say that.

Wish me luck - I just brought home my first KTM, a 2016 200 XC-W. Hope I get a good feeling from it and enjoy it.
Nice! I don't know to much about the 200 as I have the a 500 4 stroke, but I have a feeling that you will be wondering why you didn't drink the orange kool aid long ago! Did you have them street legalize it?? any of the ktm's can be street legalized unlike the Yamaha's whose title specifically say that you can't the ktms don't say that.
Yes, I have it registered with a license plate.I did that so I can ride my local state forest trail loop, which makes that a requirement.I sure do hope I enjoy it that much! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

It sad RV finally retired...I was kinda hoping he would come back the last few races in MXGP and ride at Glen Helen so the USA can give him one last big audience and a show...I was secretly hoping MXGP would reignite his riding passion...he will be remembered as one of the greatest elite riders of all time...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Yes, I have it registered with a license plate.I did that so I can ride my local state forest trail loop, which makes that a requirement.I sure do hope I enjoy it that much!
How are you liking it so far?

I'm so jealous of all of you. I've only ever ridden a supermoto around the block, wr450 I think? I really want to learn how but I'm not sure where to start. Are there still easily available 2-stroke dirt bikes? I miss the sound.

So far, so good.I have only a paltry 4.3 hours on the bike, and I took my first "real" trail ride on Saturday the 4th.It was a 50-mile trail loop that I've ridden lots of Yamaha and Honda dirt bikes on over the years, and I survived and enjoyed myself, so that's saying something.  :) The engine has plenty of low-end torque for trail riding (I was curious to find out how much it had), the mid-range is flat with no burst of power, and toward the top end is where the typical 2-stroke rip comes in.All-in-all, a good engine for trail use.
I'm in the process of tailoring the bike to suit me with my choice of tires, suspension setup, etc.
It's been 20 years since I rode a 2-stroke dirt bike, and it's coming back to me.The riding habits, that is, not my 18-year-old youth.  :)
How are you and your dirt bike doing?

I'm so jealous of all of you. I've only ever ridden a supermoto around the block, wr450 I think? I really want to learn how but I'm not sure where to start. Are there still easily available 2-stroke dirt bikes? I miss the sound.
Sure, you can still buy new 2-stroke dirt bikes (I did a couple of weeks ago), although the Japanese companies don't produce nearly as many for the USA as they did back in the day.There are Yamaha 2-stroke YZ85, 125, and 250 models still sold new.Suzuki still sells the RM85.The rest from Japan are all 4-strokes. The European brands are the ones with more choices in 2-strokes.

So far, so good.I have only a paltry 4.3 hours on the bike, and I took my first "real" trail ride on Saturday the 4th.It was a 50-mile trail loop that I've ridden lots of Yamaha and Honda dirt bikes on over the years, and I survived and enjoyed myself, so that's saying something.  :) The engine has plenty of low-end torque for trail riding (I was curious to find out how much it had), the mid-range is flat with no burst of power, and toward the top end is where the typical 2-stroke rip comes in.All-in-all, a good engine for trail use.
I'm in the process of tailoring the bike to suit me with my choice of tires, suspension setup, etc.
It's been 20 years since I rode a 2-stroke dirt bike, and it's coming back to me.The riding habits, that is, not my 18-year-old youth.  :)
How are you and your dirt bike doing?

I prefer off road 100x more than on road, I think once you get back into the groove you will really start to love it!! 
I have been wanting to run a swivel mount for a while now so I used my old busted dualsport helmet to make a swivel mount, 
This was just a test run and made this in about 10min with a broom handle lol, will be working out the kinks out on it.

My wheelies are weak as hell right now... I fractured my heel last week so I can't use my rear brake because I can't move my foot!!!.

Archived