The MT-07 Forum

Electric cable that plugs in under the clutch lever

haze87

The Subject pretty much nails the topic... What is the little electric cable that plugs in under the clutch for? I did some Google'n and came up with nothing. Only reason I bring this up is I noticed that it was unplugged about half way through my ride today. I didn't notice too much of a change, but it was the first time I've ever stalled multiple times. After I plugged it in I didn't notice much of a difference. If anyone can help, let me know! Thanks guys and gals.

• Premium Member

It is the clutch switch, and it allows the bike to start in gear as long as the clutch is pulled in. Not being properly plugged in accounts for many of the "stalling issues" people have had, I suspect.

Guest Ralph

It tells the ecu the clutch is in so allowing the bike to start in gear and acts as a anti stall
switch waking the fuelling up when you pull the clutch in on the over run it also I am told retards
the ignition timing again to do with the anti stall.

That makes a lot of sense. I've never once had the bike stall outside of thinking I was in neutral when I was truly in first at a stop. Today it happened twice and I accounted it to me not riding for a week or so and just being off my game... After I plugged it in, I had no issues. Thanks for the info guys!

Archived