The MT-07 Forum

Traxxion Dynamics - new supporting vendor

traxxiondan

I've been shooting emails back and forth with Dan at Traxxion.

Anyone that wants the damper/spring kits AND receive that promotional 25% off should contact them fairly quickly.

I should have frontend fun parts either later this week or early the next.

Then when the snow flies, I'll be sending them my shock.

Since I won't be using the bike for the track (and I'm broke!) I saw no reason to go overboard.

We shall see once I get everything on and test rode.

scordiaboy515

Marcus from JRI used to work for Max at Traxxion......says he's a good dude, he also prefers Traxxion front fork components over Race Tech 8-)

• Premium Member

Well guys, I got a glimpse of what the full enchilada from Traxxion is like (AK20's/Penske 8987 Triple Clicker)

The guys at my local shop called me last week to come in to set the sag, as everything arrived and was installed without a hitch. I believe this is the first bike to have all the goodies installed from Traxxion.

Traxxion had a bike they used for development of their AK20's, and while in their possession they developed/spec'd the rear shock for Penske to produce but never got a unit in to fit on the bike. Mike at Penske told me they sold one shock to a guy in California built to Traxxion's specs, and it fit perfect. To my knowledge though no one has done the entire AK20/Penske 8987 combo.

After sag was set, the shop was able to hand over the bike to me for the weekend so I can scrub in some new tires, break in a new track suit, test out all the new controls, mechanicals, new dyno tune etc., in preparation for an advanced motorcycle training day coming up.

I only had it for two days, but for now let me just say this...

It's MAGICAL!!!

Dropped it back off to them this morning to finish up some other items.

Full review to come...

:)

- Paulie

Well this isn't for my fz but I was talking with Dan today and I am going to send in my Ninja 300's GSXR shock to be rebuilt and revalved by Traxxion.

Thumbs up for great customer service and great communication. If all goes well with this shock I will be sending in the fz shock and buying their drop in valve kit for the forks.

just ordered a drop in kit yesterdayshould be here this week however its getting cold and real windy here in mn so may not have much or any riding leftnot sure on rear yet 

Got the frontend damper kit today, but probably won't be able to get to it until next weekend or the one after.

So one of you others can let me know what I'm missing in the meantime!!

• Premium Member
Anyone done the drop in kit installation themselves yet? How difficult was it? Any specialized tools required?

Looking at their installation pdf for the SV650 no special tools or skills required. It'll just be a little time consuming from the lengthy and minorly detailed process.

Everything went braap.

A few weeks back I received my forks and shock from Traxxion Dynamics. I had the cartridge kit done for the forks and a Penske double clicker shock. Both came set-up really close out of the box. I started by just getting every thing installed and the took of on a ride through the socal foothill mountains. What an incredible difference. Well worth the cost, sure it wasn't cheap but the change in handling is DRAMATIC.

I just had to tweek the preload a little to get the proper sag. honestly if I didnt touch the setting from how they were delivered I would still be more than pleased, But the knobs and adjusters are there soooo I just had to play with them. What a difference minor adjustments make from both the forks and shock, they both have an incredible range of adjustment. The fun factor has gone up ten fold with this upgrade.

scordiaboy515

Spoke to Dan at Traxxion today, springs, dampers and emulators will be delivered on Monday....more pieces of the puzzle being completed 8-)

scordiaboy515
A few weeks back I received my forks and shock from Traxxion Dynamics. I had the cartridge kit done for the forks and a Penske double clicker shock. Both came set-up really close out of the box. I started by just getting every thing installed and the took of on a ride through the socal foothill mountains. What an incredible difference. Well worth the cost, sure it wasn't cheap but the change in handling is DRAMATIC. 
I just had to tweek the preload a little to get the proper sag. honestly if I didnt touch the setting from how they were delivered I would still be more than pleased, But the knobs and adjusters are there soooo I just had to play with them. What a difference minor adjustments make from both the forks and shock, they both have an incredible range of adjustment. The fun factor has gone up ten fold with this upgrade.

I like your avatar of the racer at Cadwell, awesome race track 

Archived