The MT-07 Forum

Home Tire Change Tools

howlinhoss

What stands/tools do you all use to change your tires at home. Recommendations appreciated.

bmwpowere36m3

Motion Pro spoons (3x), Motion Pro bead buddy, old detergent bottle (cut pieces to protect rim from scratches), windex, talc powder, air compressor, static balance stand (Venom?), stick-on lead weights and rug on my basement floor.

I'd spring for a change stand, but I honestly don't change my tires enough (between 3 bikes)…. maybe 1-2 sets a year. I do want to get an old 50 gal drum to use for tire changes though.

Motion Pro spoons (3x), Motion Pro bead buddy, old detergent bottle (cut pieces to protect rim from scratches), windex, talc powder, air compressor, static balance stand (Venom?), stick-on lead weights and rug on my basement floor. 
I'd spring for a change stand, but I honestly don't change my tires enough (between 3 bikes)…. maybe 1-2 sets a year. I do want to get an old 50 gal drum to use for tire changes though.
I am in the same boat as you. I will probably do 1-2 changes a year. Definitely looking to add these tools to my box and save some money in the long run. Thanks!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

My indie charges $30 to mount and balance. I just take the wheel off and take it to him. I always leave 10 of a 12-pack in his shop fridge.

I have the tools to mount and balance but it's a lot of work and not nearly as much fun as just going to the shop. And I'm helping to keep a community resource available.

Keeping the old guys in business is kinda important.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived