The MT-07 Forum

I need your experienced opinions.

modalux

Hey guys,

Long time lurker here and about to make a purchase of an exhaust.  I have watched and listened to countless youtube videos of all sorts of exhausts for the 07.  From akra to yoshi and everything in between.  I just want to make sure I know the sound that I am getting.  So this is what I want in an exhaust and if you guys could give your suggestions that fit this criteria, I would much appreciate it.

- I do not want a insanely crazy loud exhaust .. would like to hear it on highway though
- I want a deep throaty sound
- A little bark is okay but not tons
- Prefer carbon, but not essential

That's pretty much it.  Just looking for a deep throaty exhaust that sound good .. but lets be honest, anything besides the stock exhaust is an upgrade in sound.

Any suggestions you guys can give would be great.  Really looking forward to seeing your responses.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Deep throaty exhaust is almost entirely related to engine configuration. You have the right engine. Any of those aftermarket exhausts will make your fizzy-parts happy.

For an example of a engine that will never sound deep and throaty, check out the fz09.

One last thing to keep in mind: a video camera or phone has a really crap microphone so YouTube comparisons aren't really a fair assessment if sound.

Again, you have the correct engine for deep throaty sound so this is an easy choice: buy whatever looks cool because they're all going to sound great.

-HowWorkClutch

Do you have any suggestions that would fit the sound that I'm looking for? Surely there are some that sound deeper than others.

I like the yosi, RussiaRider does a good review of the exhaust that is quite accurate. It is quite loud though, but only when your on the throttle. If you short shift through the neighborhood, you will be fine.

Stock exhaust is 18.5 lbs
Yosh SS exhaust is: 9.5 lbs
Yosh CF exhaust is: 9.0 lbs

Some great weight savings.

DB info. The following are at idle, 2k, and 5k:
Stock exhaust: 75.2, 80.7, 91.0
With silencer: 83.3, 88.7, 99.7
W/O silencer: 85.3, 89.8, 102.7

Dustin

• Premium Member

The slip on kit I got from @marthy really impressed me. The bike can throw out some sound at WOT, but idle and cruising speeds aren't likely to upset anyone sensible. It's got a good, deep sound, kind of like a big twin until you start to wind out the motor.

I can't compare it to anything but soundbites since I've not encountered another modded FZ.

Also I've been around a lot of law enforcement as well and most just had nice things to say about the bike/exhaust. No complaints about sound, but there is also no legal limit in my state.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I highly recommend Leo Vince :D ...epic sound in all rpm ranges...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

+1 on the Yoshi. Love its throatiness.

Where are you located? If you're near by, we could meet up if you want to hear it in person.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

@moda most people will tell you they really like their exhaust. I'm not sure you can go wrong. Also, where are you located, I am sure someone close has an exhaust you could check out

I have the Two Brothers exhaust with a Dobek EJK and I love it.

http://www.twobros.com/products/fz-07/exhaust/Yam-FZ07-FULL-15.html

Reduces weight by 10 pounds
Increases peak power by 3.5 horsepower
Increases peak torque by 1.41 ft-lbs
Aerospace high-temp carbon fiber
Teflon coated magnesium end-cap
Spiral-wound perforated core
Stamped spring-fit inletRubber-lined styled mount
Accepts TBR P-Series sound reduction tips

I live in southeastern Wisconsin. Hopefully someone is nearby or willing to meet up, I can ride too. Installing a Fabbri Touring windshield (dark smoke), and the Motodynamic integrated tail-light this weekend!

Archived