The MT-07 Forum

How tall are you and what windscreen do you have?

tino206

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Bought this, but it's new and only pre-orders. I'll be sure to post a review when I get it on. I am 5'8" and commute 45 miles every day round trip. 99% of that is at 70ish mph since I am very close to the freeway on both ends. The wind feels nice to me until about 65-70, then with side winds, head winds, and just THE wind it feels a bit like 8 angry bikers trying to tip me off my bar-stool.
Those who say "I never understood it" when people complain about high speed wind buffet don't have a 99% 70 mph+ daily commute with backpack etc.

national_cycle_v_stream_sport_touring_windscreen_yamaha_fz072015_light_smoke_detail.jpg

There is also a sport size and a touring size (which was tempting for a commuter). Mine is the sport-touring. Since the shield is mounted on the steering columns I was concerned that too high of a shield would impact steering stability, and also, I like a bit of wind when NOT commuting but just putting around on a day trip. I just don't want to get beat up or feel pushed off.

Databyter

That looks pretty nice. Very rounded and aerodynamic. I'll bet you'll wish you bought the touring model in about 1 month. Just saying.

modmaster

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Just got a new windshield for my bike from a small Italien shop called De Pretto Moto www.deprettomoto.com

The windshield is aluminum and looked awesome on their webpage. It looks as good in reality, but was a bit of a pain to get. However once the order got through it arrived in the US within 2 weeks. If you like you can add a custom inscription on the windshield.

The functionality is perfect, it works better than my old windshield and is great on the freeway. I'm 5'10 and it works very well for me. The bike felt much more planted on the road, I tested it up to 90mph and had no issues with wind on the upper torso or helmet.

The only other issue was fit, it took quite a bit of effort to install it and don't ask about the price. They seem to sell normally mostly to Ducati customers. ;)

[attachment id=2307" thumbnail="1]   [attachment id=2306" thumbnail="1]   [attachment id=2308" thumbnail="1]

Love to ride!

5-11 Puig Touring. 1.5 years with no windshield. Loving the Puig. If I had to comp!ain about something it would be the odd bug deflected, dead or alive, into my full face helmet trough the bottom opening. Creates a moment of panic if its a bee.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just got a new windshield for my bike from a small Italien shop called De Pretto Moto www.deprettomoto.com 
The windshield is aluminum and looked awesome on their webpage. It looks as good in reality, but was a bit of a pain to get. However once the order got through it arrived in the US within 2 weeks. If you like you can add a custom inscription on the windshield.

The functionality is perfect, it works better than my old windshield and is great on the freeway. I'm 5'10 and it works very well for me. The bike felt much more planted on the road, I tested it up to 90mph and had no issues with wind on the upper torso or helmet.

The only other issue was fit, it took quite a bit of effort to install it and don't ask about the price. They seem to sell normally mostly to Ducati customers. ;)

I gotta say, I really hope you didn't spend almost $200 bucks on that.... They sell an almost identical version on eBay for $17.99. Fitment looks nicer too.  
Mine took ~5 minutes to install and used all the factory hardware and mounting locations. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Headlight-Top-Mount-Cover-Panel-Fairing-Fit-Yamaha-MT-07-FZ07-2014-2016-/232018057887?var=&hash=item36055a9a9f:m:m_rMvKCRosCLWFI4bQc041g&vxp=mtr

• Premium Member

I gotta say, I really hope you didn't spend almost $200 bucks on that.... They sell an almost identical version on eBay for $17.99. Fitment looks nicer too.  
Mine took ~5 minutes to install and used all the factory hardware and mounting locations. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Headlight-Top-Mount-Cover-Panel-Fairing-Fit-Yamaha-MT-07-FZ07-2014-2016-/232018057887?var=&hash=item36055a9a9f:m:m_rMvKCRosCLWFI4bQc041g&vxp=mtr

no question - the price from the ebay product from China is unbeatable. Enjoy! 

Love to ride!

Archived