The MT-07 Forum

How tall are you and what windscreen do you have?

tino206

• Premium Member

Windscreens are a hot topic and to make things easier for people wanting to buy one please comment on how tall you are, what windscreen you have and if you have a good or bad experience with it. If you have one that is not "mainstream" (Puig, Givi, Dart) please post a link.

squidsquiddly

6 foot 2 with the Givi. It alleviates pressure off the chest for sure and makes things quieter if I sit up straight. Reduces wind noise actually

I'm 5' 8" and have no flyscreen. I have no issues up to 85 mph or so.

That said, my bars and rearsets put me in a little more aggressive position and I find that does help reduce the wind buffetting.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I'm 5'-6" and have the ermax 27cm screen. It helps but still a little too much wind for my taste when on a long ride.
Just received today the 39cm screen from ermax. I will have to wait a few days before trying it out, it's pooring rain here.

this video helped me decide on this one

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

I'm 6'2 with the fabbri touring screen. Makes freeway speeds much more comfortable for me

• Premium Member

I'm 7'4" and I use the hood of a '65 VW Beetle.

j/k 5'10" and a Givi -- and quite happy, but haven't really logged any freeway miles yet.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

5'7" Using a givi. Noticeable reduction in wind buffeting between 45-65 mph sitting up-right. Less noticeable 65+ sitting up-right. Have to tuck in a little on the free way to avoid wind smacking me right in the chest.

6'0 and i use the MRA racing double bubble.

It takes the wind off of my chest and puts it on my helmet.

• Premium Member
I'm 6'2 with the fabbri touring screen. Makes freeway speeds much more comfortable for me
X2 but 5' 11" 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

6'1"..ermax 39mm ...perfect windscreen...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

I'm 6' 1" and have the PUIG 40cm Touring screen. I've taken it off because it causes too much helmet buffeting. The wind noise increased dramatically that i needed to wear earplugs. All the wind is blasting right at my face. After removing the screen i took a 250 mile ride and it was so much more pleasurable to ride. Instead of the wind being directed in a concentrated area it was easier to manage. Thus I now have a barely used PUIG TOURING screen for sale. $80 shipped if anyone is interested. Its dark smoke.

I have it, but I bought my bike used with it so I can't give you a before or after. Right now I am missing the fairings and screen of my Ninja 650r, I will have to get something better for the multi day trips I expect to make.

ratherbebiking

5'9". MRS double bubble. Still hot and cold. Screen has taken lots of pressure off on abdomen but more wind noise and some head buffeting. Riding around town I would not recommend but highway driving is much less tiring after a few hours.

• Premium Member

6 ft and fabbri touring... works wonders and really makes riding at highway speeds comfortable.

And @ratherbebiking, are you able to tuck (how low of a tuck?) under your MRA double bubble screen at higher speeds for reduced/no wind?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

I'm 6' and have the Yamaha fly-screen, that's all. It's perfectly fine at 70mph, which is all the faster I can go until fully broken in.

I swapped to a modified Puig Sport.

• Premium Member

5'3" with the Puig sport screen. Works fine, but doesn't eliminate all the wind to the face. I mean, I'd have to get a big ass touring screen to do that. Bought it to buffer my keychain/garage door opener set up so it doesn't fly off. Works perfectly for that.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm 5foot ten and I am using the lower 16" of the windshield that was on my Yamaha Majesty scooter. It looks like it was made for my FZ because it was. I cut it down and made the brackets to mount it. It works wonderfully. No buffeting at all and I have clean air pressure on my helmet from the chin area on up.
modmaster
IMG_2187_zpsz3emxwxs.jpg~original

ratherbebiking
And @ratherbebiking, are you able to tuck (how low of a tuck?) under your MRA double bubble screen at higher speeds for reduced/no wind?
To get under the flow I need to get way down...so far that I would only do it for giggles once and a while. I love the naked ride but the screen makes the longer highway rides better. I've tweaked angles on the screen and stock is still best. Earplugs and compromise.

Anyone have a comparison between the Givi a2118 and the MRA double-bubble? Those are the two I am in between right now

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

To get under the flow I need to get way down...so far that I would only do it for giggles once and a while. I love the naked ride but the screen makes the longer highway rides better. I've tweaked angles on the screen and stock is still best. Earplugs and compromise.
Yes, ive done 117 on the bike, KPH OBVIOUSLY....without any real issues.

I'm 5'-6" and have the ermax 27cm screen. It helps but still a little too much wind for my taste when on a long ride. Just received today the 39cm screen from ermax. I will have to wait a few days before trying it out, it's pooring rain here.

this video helped me decide on this one

Your welcome Jon. I was originally looking at the Puig and the Ermax. The Puig took so long to come on our side of the world that I decided to go for the Ermax 39cm (touring) that was readily available. 
I am 5'6" and really like the Ermax. And its like every other shield of that size, It works wonders up to 70mph.
One very small issue with the Ermax, is that it rubs against 2 cables on the right side of the shield.
But 2 easy corrections can be made. 1) cut a little bit of the screen to allow space between the shield and the cables.
2) tie wrap those 2 cables with a 3rd (stiffer) cable closer to the handle bar. Et voila, issue resolved.

Just to let you know I have this very same windshield for sale in the classifieds for $75.00 with shipping.

modmaster

Archived