The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 compared to my old bike

rexfire

pantheraleo
FWIW & the value of differing opines, I ride about 80% freeway Mo-Fri. 
I don't have any real complaints at 70, 75 & sometimes 80 mph for extended bouts. For me, it's about 45 minutes of riding in these conditions and 15 minutes prior being back and low speed roads.

The vibes and wind don't really wear me down too much. When I'm doing freeway speeds and riding into a 15 mph headwind or greater, it's a little bit more of a burden but not enough for me to wish I had a different bike.

Now for rider vitals; I'm a 26 year old who's in "athletic" shape, sort of small framed at 5'7" & 150 lbs and used to ride a 39 year old 4 cylinder Honda. I haven't been spoiled by anything more technologically advanced or fully faired.

Not saying anything to detract from others point of view, just giving my experiences for consideration.
Well, I'm taller (6'2"), heavier (200), and significantly older (45). That said, my highway experience is MUCH the same as you describe. I like 45 minute stints at 80 mph, then I want a break.

I suspect when I put my clip ons (if they ever get back in stock!) on the bike, the highway will be even friendlier.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I don't like the fz on the interstate. I would rather ride my sportster.

But 2-lane backroads are a complete joy on the fz. And tight twisties are a riot.

-HowWorkClutch

4500 at 65 mph? Um...maybe my chain is too tight...lol. 
Im nowhere near that.
Not to be a smart ass, but are you sure you looked at it while you were in top gear?  It almost sounds like you were in 5th...

You said you only ride semi aggressive so even though you're coming off an R6 the FZ 07 should satisfy. At slower speeds it handles better with the higher, wider bars and has a more natural riding position. (comfort) It will get up to highway speeds plenty fast and has good roll on power because of the torque and power to weight ratio but if you want to go around 1 second faster in the 1/4 mile (if that makes a big difference in the real world) then definitely get an FZ 09. You may not like the seat for long cruises on the FZ 07, it's a little thin on the padding but that can be remedied. Oh, yeah, be sure and buy a white one!

magsz18

Nos shet! When I first moved to Sun City Center I was greeted on 75 S by two jkoffs racing their mustang and camaro. Mr. Mustang cut me off when I was doing about 75 with my truck loaded down and I had to swerve onto the soft shoulder to avoid hitting him. They were both doing at least 95. I really want an old beater truck with a heavy duty ram bar on the front for those kind.

Beemer

Archived