The MT-07 Forum

Gonna sell my FZ-09 and buy one of these

Cruizin

Nice f'ing bike!(drooling) I wish there were some trails around here or else I would get a dirt bike. It's so nice to know when riding in the dirt no one or cop is going to give you shet for doing wheelies, power slides, jumps, etc. etc. Have fun and put up a video of yourself riding that nice bike sometime!

Beemer

• Premium Member
belleau1977
How is the reliability and service intervals? I vaguely remember that Beta uses KTM engines, at least in the past.
Beta ditched the KTM engines years ago. The Beta engine is very good, better than KTM in my book. Everyone I know who owns a KTM has nothing but problems and are always dumping money and time into repairs. 
I'm going with a two stroke so the top end rebuilds are very easy and cheap, just gotta replace the piston once ina while, pretty much a 45 minute job for $250.

VS a Fourstroke that costs $1000-$1800 for a top end rebuild and Valves, springs, machine shop for the Cylinder.

The AMA and state of California pretty much banned the 2 stroke from motocross racing. So, factories stopped building them and everyone started buying four strokes. But Two strokes provide more power per cc and are so much easier and cheaper to work on. Cheaper to own, and more fun to ride as there is nothing like that powerband when it kicks in.

I'm a KTM guy myself. My dream bike is a 2015 KTM 200xcw. Everything you said about how easy a 2-smoker is and the cost compared to a 4-stroke is why I prefer two strokes. As far as the 2016 DRZ I came across it in a forum discussion but can't remember where most likely Thumpertalk. Across the pond in Europe it was mentioned Suzuki might come out with a 450cc dual sport for 2016. Until we see pics or get an official press release don't get your hopes up for the 16 year old design to be updated. Six speed and lighter are the first things needing changed. Good eye on the cabin by Silver City which also has some of the best burgers and rhubarb strawberry pie!

Wow, nice RS! Great pics! Where do you live, Catfish? 
Thanks! I live in Concord, California. Photos were from Carnegie SVRA & Sequoia NF above Lake Isabella.

I have a group ride at Downieville end of June. Technical singletrack that 300 is made for! :-)

The Beta forum at Thumper Talk is the best place for online info. But as usual, you need thick skin to deal with all those "experts" at TT! ;-)

Catfish ...

Archived