The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Insurance quotes, rates and reviews

Cruizin

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to pay a bit more than we in the UK do
Just for the 07 fully comprehensive 67 year old had bikes since Yamaha were making bamboo rickshaws,
$115 for both my bikes the other is a 40 year old Morini but with recovery on both $336
just why they think a 70 bhp twin should be more to insure that some plastic missile I dont know
but it's not so in the UK
If your under 20 or live in a big city prices can go through the roof.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I'm checking quotes for insurance prices online for the FZ-07 and get this price from Dairyland:
12 month price: $9151.55

Hmmm..........

• Global Moderator
So I'm checking quotes for insurance prices online for the FZ-07 and get this price from Dairyland: 12 month price: $9151.55

Hmmm..........
Wow. That is a ridiculous premium. I got a good rate from State Farm. Good luck. 

• Premium Member

I just switched from State Farm to Progressive for my Street Triple. 29 Male, no accidents, riding safety course in the last 3 years (need to take the advanced class at some point). $420 a year without collision.

I pay $890 a year with Foremost, 500 deductibles and 100/300 for coverage. Helps that I get employee rates but that is with a big speeding ticket also.
Really helps having a company that can bundle policies and making sure you know what you are getting, I have friends that pay $20 a month but it took one of them over 2 months to get a settlement.. not going to put that company out there but it has been mentioned a lot in this forum.

cookfreeordie89

I just got dairyland for $60 a month with full coverage and total replacement as well as $1000 additional medical and $1000 deductible I'm 27 and live in NY

dentalprodigy

I'm a 25 yo single male in New Jersey with a no fault rear end accident on my record and a "unsafe operation of motor vehicle" (0 point violation). With 100/300 liability, full coverage, $500 deductibles, I made a 1 time payment of $807 bucks with Foremost.

tfountain30
I just switched from State Farm to Progressive for my Street Triple. 29 Male, no accidents, riding safety course in the last 3 years (need to take the advanced class at some point). $420 a year without collision.

May I ask why you chose to insure your bike without collision? I'm looking to get insured and it seems that collision is what jacks the premium up.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
May I ask why you chose to insure your bike without collision? I'm looking to get insured and it seems that collision is what jacks the premium up.
Collision is for shit that you do on your own, like taking a corner too fast and low-siding. I don't plan on doing that, plus if I did do it, and filed a claim, my premium would likely increase for every claim I filed. Not worth it to me.

tfountain30
Collision is for Shet that you do on your own, like taking a corner too fast and low-siding. I don't plan on doing that, plus if I did do it, and filed a claim, my premium would likely increase for every claim I filed. Not worth it to me.
I'm looking at Progressive right now and their definition of collision coverage is "Pays for loss to your covered vehicle when it collides with another object or overturns." Doesn't that mean if another driver hits you as well? I'm a new rider so I'll do my best not to get hit but there's still a possibility. 

Collision covers things as both of you stated above. Remember that if you financed your bike they most likely will want you to carry both comp and collision. Your state my only require you to have "liability" but your finance company will require Full coverage I.e. Comp and collision. I just ran into this issue with gieco. The finance company called me as asked if I had full coverage since all they could see was liability. I had to call gieco and ask them why, since I thought I was paying for full coverage. Turns out they didn't add collision since my state didn't require it. My payment went from 24$ a month to 62$ a month with 500$ deductibles. I'm 39 with a perfect driving record and 10 yr riding history.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
 Doesn't that mean if another driver hits you as well? I'm a new rider so I'll do my best not to get hit but there's still a possibility. 
If another drive hits you that's going to be covered by their insurance, or yours if you have a uninsured or underinsured coverage, and the person who hits you doesn't have insurance. Another driver hitting you is most likely not going to be a collision thing (I'm not even sure you can use collision if the other driver is at fault), and you won't want it to be, unless the other drive doesn't have insurance and you don't have uninsured coverage.  

35 here with perfect driving record. Full coverage is $1500Can a year which is $125Can a month in Ontario Canada. That's actually a really good price because I literally called everywhere and everyone and was getting quotes at $2500-$3000.

Here in Ontario, Canada. We have some of the highest insurance rates in the country. We are getting robbed over here.

• Premium Member

Just insured mine. 25/50/50, no UM/UIM. $500 ded. comp/coll, 46/m, married, own home, top tier credit.

$307/yr with Allstate.

- Andy

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Just insured mine. 25/50/50, no UM/UIM. $500 ded. comp/coll, 46/m, married, own home, top tier credit. 
$307/yr with Allstate.

Make sure your UM/UIM will carry over from your auto policy to cover you on your motorcycle if you're hit by either type of driver.

- xCarbonSteelx

• 2 weeks later...

No matter where I go, collision coverage sky rockets my premium 2-3k. Really blows that i was just recently involved in a hit and run accident with liability only... fml

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx
No matter where I go, collision coverage sky rockets my premium 2-3k. Really blows that i was just recently involved in a hit and run accident with liability only... fml

I'm guessing you have a few accidents prior to this already on your record?

- xCarbonSteelx

Guest ChicagoAJ

I've always had Progressive for my bikes, always full coverage with 1,000 deductible for both collision and comprehensive plus 3000 accessory coverage. 25k/50k for the other section, can't remember the name. 

I've had dozens and dozens of speeding tickets over the years and lost my license a couple times when I ran out of chances to take traffic school to avoid the conviction on my record.

Progressive for me for a year with full coverage is 266.00. Every other company out there wants 1.5k+, it's ridiculous.

Even bundling my bike on my Geico plan with my car would've been almost a grand.

Edit: 29, male. Tons of tickets, no at fault accidents. 3 year riding history, paid cash for bike. Own my condo too, that saved me quite a bit. Would've been double the premium if I had a mortgage. 

I just emailed my Rep. to see if she could lower my Progressive premium, since I'm not such a newb anymore. My current policy is as follows:
FZPolicy01.jpg
FZPolicy02.jpg
This is for Northeast Ohio and I'm 59yo with a mortgage.  (Had no idea that could effect it!) I haven't taken advantage of the annual payment discount.  That will change this year!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx
I just emailed my Rep. to see if she could lower my Progressive premium, since I'm not such a newb anymore. My current policy is as follows: FZPolicy01.jpg
FZPolicy02.jpg
This is for Northeast Ohio and I'm 59yo with a mortgage.  (Had no idea that could effect it!) I haven't taken advantage of the annual payment discount.  That will change this year!

In a lot of states your medical payments and uninsured/underinsured will carry over from your primary auto policy. Check with you Agent to see if that's the case in Ohio. That'll help save you some money.

- xCarbonSteelx

This agency carries all my coverage, from home to autos, bicycles, laptops, mobile phones and now the bike. They represent a lot of companies, but only Progressive for the bike. I gasped when I got my first quote. Shopped around and found they were fair. Settled on this policy with no collision. But, I'm covered if it's stolen or for uninsured motorists. She thinks it should be a bit lower this renewal, and the deductable drops $100 per year, every year without a claim.

If I keep using this faithfully for commuting, the fuel savings should cover the premium.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

autoentropy

28 yo, second bike, 3 years of experience, no accidents, one ticket in early 2015.

Geico tried to quote me $2500, Dairlyland was $799. Pretty easy choice.

I'm guessing you have a few accidents prior to this already on your record?
Only one that was recent where it was a hit and run. No fault on my end though. And a point for speeding from almost 2 years ago. Should not be $3000 extra when i know people with much worse records.

Guest brickst3r

Started with AAA last year at $800 full coverage. After a year my premium has renewed at $550 a year. Pretty happy with the discount after a year. I was ready to search for cheaper alternatives but it seemed pretty good to me. I will still search for better prices in the future.

• Cruizin unpinned this topic

Archived