The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Insurance quotes, rates and reviews

Cruizin

Dairyland 46 years old, 15 years riding, pay in full discount, AMA discount, motorcycle safety course discount 786 fico
50/100 liability
500 deductible coll/comp
5k option equip coverage
rental reimburse

Total Premium:
$117.45/year!

My Roadstar cruiser (1700cc) is insured with Markel and like $75/year for full coverage :)

It really pays to shop around....on the FZ, I think the next closest quote was $200+

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

These insurance quotes are vary a lot due to age...location...which insurance company...etc...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

UPDATE: I just switched to Markel Motorcycle Insurance and they dropped my rate to $224 per year, around $17 per month! Full coverage, uninsured motorist and I have two speeding tickets. I have to send them the copy of my Motorcycle skills class certificate but no big deal. I told them about the forum and they gave me some links to share so you guys can get quick quotes.

Here is one. Took me ten minutes to fill mine out and I had a quote right away.

Markel Insurance Quick Quote online

Like @gcsrt says, insurance is expensive in Canada. 
I have only the bare minimum basic liability on my bike in Ontario and it costs me more then $800 a year.
51 year old male with 25 years of experience, no tickets and clean driving record.
45 years old, full coverage (250$ deductible) 306.15$ Intact Assurance. Here, in the province of Quebec, insurance's cost is less expensive. But vehicule registration is 571.48$. I think it's lower in Ontario. 
Take time to shop around, i got quotes almost twice higher.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

panamerican
I have only the bare minimum basic liability on my bike in Ontario and it costs me more then $800 a year.
51 year old male with 25 years of experience, no tickets and clean driving record.
45 years old, full coverage (250$ deductible) 306.15$ Intact Assurance. Here, in the province of Quebec, insurance's cost is less expensive. But vehicule registration is 571.48$. I think it's lower in Ontario. 

holy cow thats good. I pay 660$, 38 yold with La Capitale. Guess Ill call Intact this year.

588 per yr state farm in miami. they gave me more than i paid for my last bike when i wreaked it.

bmwpowere36m3

One thing to keep in mind… the cheapest insurance isn't always the "cheapest". As @yotaman02 alluded to, some insurance companies can be a bear to deal with, when you actually need them… not that we ever plan on needing them.

My experience with insurance companies is that they are all pretty much the same. Some have better staffed customer service dept's answering the phones, but they all follow about the same practices and are heavily regulated to operate the same way. I used to only go with local agents, but found that when it was time to collect, the agents are then worthless, they are only authorized to sign people up and then collect money. It's always someone who you will never meet that handles the claims.

So, I go for lower price almost every time.

And right now, Markel Insurance has the lowest rates I can find in the USA. Plus, my brother in law has them, had a claim on his Harley and he got paid quick and he liked the experience.

So Markel sounds pretty darn good to me and they just earned my business.

• Global Moderator

It's insured via Intact Insurance. My previous bike was at Jevco, but they couldn't compete. Also tried State Farm but they quoted $1500 for just with basic liability, so without Collision and Comprehensive ??? 
And there are not many more companies actually offering motorcycle insurance in Ontario.

You are right, vehicle registration is cheap, I think something like $42 for a motorcycle and $110 for a car. I'd have to look it up because I have a long list of vehicles to do on my birthday  ;)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Our policy covers 4 motorcycles and two riders.

Liability $250,000; $500,000
Prop damage $100,000
Uninsured motorists $250,000; $500,000

Comp and collision only on the yammies 2K deductable

$789.63 per year from Allstate.

Illegitimi non carborundum

bmwpowere36m3
UPDATE: I just switched to Markel Motorcycle Insurance and they dropped my rate to $224 per year, around $17 per month! Full coverage, uninsured motorist and I have two speeding tickets. I have to send them the copy of my Motorcycle skills class certificate but no big deal. I told them about the forum and they gave me some links to share so you guys can get quick quotes. 

Tried out the online quote, $2k for what Dairyland is offering at $500... people really need to shop around.

• Global Moderator
Yeah, but your Canadian Health insurance rocks.
I live fifteen miles south of Canada and have friends in Canada who would not agree with that statement. 

Tried out the online quote, $2k for what Dairyland is offering at $500... people really need to shop around.

Wow, I wonder why it was so high? And my policy with Markel is so low? How old are you? DO you own a home or rent?

I'm 49, two tickets, own a home, no accidents, pretty good credit. My brother in law only pays 329 a year for his $25,000 Harley Davidson with Markel.

bmwpowere36m3

Wow, I wonder why it was so high? And my policy with Markel is so low? How old are you? DO you own a home or rent?  
I'm 49, two tickets, own a home, no accidents, pretty good credit. My brother in law only pays 329 a year for his $25,000 Harley Davidson with Markel.

29 yrs, own home, no tickets, good credit, etc... actually I think it's the highest I've been quoted. Maybe if I called and actually talked to someone it'd be different.

I got my quote online and then called to sign up. I think area and theft rates/accident rates or each area has alot to do with it too.
population numbers feed right into those. Live where there's no neighbors for miles and yer rates will be lower.  
what's comical, I could move a couple of miles and over the city line here. Not much would look different, but my insurance would go down as I'd be living in a borough instead of a city

32 yo male in NYC, state farm 100/300k + comprehensive (no collision) and paying ~750/yr. I checked Dairyland and they quoted me $1300. I tried Markel and it quoted me >$6000. I can't remember what progressive quoted me, but it was more than State Farm.

32 yo male in NYC, state farm 100/300k + comprehensive (no collision) and paying ~750/yr. I checked Dairyland and they quoted me $1300. I tried Markel and it quoted me >$6000. I can't remember what progressive quoted me, but it was more than State Farm.
Regarding "no collision", is your bike being financed? Does the finance company require you to have X amount of coverage? I had this big drama with my finance company and insurance when I moved from Los Angeles to Scottsdale. 

• Global Moderator

I considered not getting collision too but it was only $20 a year cheaper. It seemed silly not to get it at that price.

progressive is renewing this year and paying $947 compared to $1051 last year same coverage.

Dairyland quoted me $10468 an markel quoted over 4k for coverage.
1 have 1 at fault accident from last year but those quotes are just retarded.
the accident was in my car.

I considered not getting collision too but it was only $20 a year cheaper. It seemed silly not to get it at that price.

For that much it would be a no brainer for me. The difference for me was about $300 for a $500 deductible to cover collision.

• Cruizin unpinned this topic

Archived