The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Insurance quotes, rates and reviews

Cruizin

I am creating and pinning this thread as a place for us to compare Motorcycle Insurance Quotes, Rates and reviews so that we can all work together to find the lowest rates and best total insurance packages for our FZ-07's and other motorcycles.

After calling around, my best deal came from Dairyland. I'm currently paying $22.00 a month for full coverage, plus underinsured/non insured on my FZ-09. this also includes total cost replacement, not just what they deem the bike to be worth.

Luckily, I haven't had to test their service after an accident yet. But I'm told that $22 per month for an FZ-09 is very low so I'm pretty happy!

Who is your insurance company and how much are you paying?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
suspiciouspackage

I have Farmers underwritten by Foremost. 21 years old with full coverage.

30k/50k liability
1k comprehensive and collision

All for $726/year. Not bad for me considering my GTI with full coverage with AAA is $2600/year.

• Global Moderator

State Farm, full coverage, $100 deductible for $235.70/year. I am 50 with a good driving record but no recent motorcycle experience.

• Premium Member

Progressive 600 a year full coverage ( 50 a month ish) the Buell is 20 a month basic coverage. Clean driving record for now :)

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Progressive 600 a year full coverage ( 50 a month ish) the Buell is 20 a month basic coverage. Clean driving record for now :)
wtf I have a clean record and I'm 27, progressive is charging me $100/ month.

kakusaizou

Progressive is such a rip off. They were giving me $1500 a year for full coverage while State Farm gave me $576.

Guest brickst3r
wtf I have a clean record and I'm 27, progressive is charging me $100/ month.
Insurance prices has a lot to do with where you live, how old you are, amount of experience on a bike, the engine size, combining bikes and cars. So if someone is getting half of what you payed it could mean a lot of things. But just keep searching around for the best. I live in CA, age 30, and I have AAA at $800 a year $250 deductible. 

Progressive is such a rip off. They were giving me $1500 a year for full coverage while State Farm gave me $576.
A friend I ride with is in pretty much the same situation as I am, same clean record, same age except I'm married and he isn't.  He's got a 1600cc or something Harley and is paying $500 a year through State Farm so he gave me his insurance agent's contact info, hopefully I can get a better rate through them.

• Premium Member
A friend I ride with is in pretty much the same situation as I am, same clean record, same age except I'm married and he isn't.  He's got a 1600cc or something Harley and is paying $500 a year through State Farm so he gave me his insurance agent's contact info, hopefully I can get a better rate through them.
The FZ is a sport bike thats the problem I'm going to look into another company also not that I didn't look around first  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Liberty Mutual

33/M/Accident free for almost a decade

Bodily Injury $250,000 per person /$500,000 per occurrence
Property Damage $100,000
Uninsured Motorist $100,000/300,000
Underinsured Motorist $100,000/300,000
Comprehension 0 / Collision $500 / Towing Yes / $3500 of coverage for mods.

Costs me $66/month

I live in a wealthy area, I see $60,000-300,000 cars daily. I also live in the mushroom capital of the world, no joke, so tons of under-insured, uninsured, even illegal laborers. I wanted to fill the gap if I had an accident and legs cost a lot to sew back on or amputate, so I have high coverage.

I think Canada (or at least Saskatchewan) might be the winner. Bike insurance for me (29 year old male) is 2842.00 for the year. Luckily I work week in / week out so I am currently doing 8 day permits at $48 per week. Storage insurance is $220 for the year. For reference a touring bike of the same displacement is 1877.00.

Dustin

Guest brickst3r

I also know AAA does not care about the class of the bike. They only care about engine size. A yamaha r6 (600cc) was cheaper to insure then my fz07 (689cc). I checked a triumph scrambler (865cc) before and the quote was a lot higher then progressive. Progressive goes by class and other things and it was like half the cost of AAA.

• Global Moderator

Like @gcsrt says, insurance is expensive in Canada.

I have only the bare minimum basic liability on my bike in Ontario and it costs me more then $800 a year.
51 year old male with 25 years of experience, no tickets and clean driving record.

• Premium Member

I pay 74 bucks a month for full coverage with Foremost. I'm 30, not married, and rent. I know that owning a home does a bit for rates in general.

It also covers 2k in upgrades / mods.

Progressive added $700 to the $200 they were charging me for my Aprilia Futura. 45 years riding experience, clean record - and not a single insurance claim

At the time, I asked the agent to do a quote to add on a new Street Triple R instead. It was only $400!. The conversation after that went like - The Triumph costs 50% more, will cost more to repair, makes 50% more power and has the same displacement. The Aprilia is a 1 liter bike that's still worth half the FZ's list price. Can you explain the discrepancy?

Lots of silence. At the time, the FZ7 was not even listed on Progressive's site, so the quote was done by vin.

If it's still stupid high this year, probably gonna be shopping for new insurance in a couple months.

bmwpowere36m3
Progressive added $700 to the $200 they were charging me for my Aprilia Futura. 45 years riding experience, clean record - and not a single insurance claim 
At the time, I asked the agent to do a quote to add on a new Street Triple R instead. It was only $400!. The conversation after that went like - The Triumph costs 50% more, will cost more to repair, makes 50% more power and has the same displacement. The Aprilia is a 1 liter bike that's still worth half the FZ's list price. Can you explain the discrepancy?

Lots of silence. At the time, the FZ7 was not even listed on Progressive's site, so the quote was done by vin.

If it's still stupid high this year, probably gonna be shopping for new insurance in a couple months.

Sometimes I don't understand their pricing structure... that said the FZ-07 is fairly new and there isn't much "data", i.e., crash statistics, cost to repair, etc..., out there.  Shop around is all I can say, with the same insurance coverages I got quotes (talking with actual agents) anywhere from $<500 to $1000+.  I have 5 vehicles with Geico, but they wanted way too much money for the FZ and weren't willing to price-match... kind of disappointing since I've been with them for a few years now and they had/still do the best prices for me.

Also seems like these insurance companies treat loyalty with higher rates - if yer not willing to jump ship, they think they have you. . Sometimes the best rates come by switching companies. That's how I found myself with Progressive in the 1st place.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy
FOREMOST INSURANCE

Bodily Injury 50,000/100,000
Passenger Liability 50,000/100,000
Property Damage 50,000/100,000
Uninsured Motorist 25,000/50,000
Comprehensive ded 100
Collision ded 100
Towing/Roadside coverage YES
Optional Equipment 3500

$57.56 a month or $690.76 a year

bmwpowere36m3
Also seems like these insurance companies treat loyalty with higher rates - if yer not willing to jump ship, they think they have you. . Sometimes the best rates come by switching companies. That's how I found myself with Progressive in the 1st place.
Same with internet, cable, phone, etc... I just jump ship every year or two. Sucks, but so does paying extra. 

I'm not sure how people are getting it so cheap. I've been shopping around again and almost every company including dairyland & Markel are giving me $1500+ quotes. I'm currently with statefarm and have only 15k/30k and $1000 deductible paying $600/yr right now but wanted to get better coverage.

I'm 34 single in Los Angeles w/ 7 years experience and own my own home... Any suggestions?

• Cruizin unpinned this topic

Archived