The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Insurance quotes, rates and reviews

Cruizin

I'm 19 in Michigan, 3 tickets in the past 3 years and I bought my fz-07 in October as my first motorcycle. Not surprising that my insurance is not cheap. Progressive gave me a quote for $5400 a year full coverage! That's almost as much as the bike itself! Went with allstate for around $1100 a year which isn't horrible considering my situation.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 Hawaii. One at fault (~3 years ago) one year paid in full $845 Full Coverage. ($307/year for Liability only). I will be submitting for the MSF discount after I pass the course and should get a decent kick back on the insurance that will be credited to my credit card. I am anticipating ~10-15% refund, but we'll see. Only Geico & Progressive are available for motorcycle in Hawaii. I am going with Progressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I feel sorry for you guys paying out the rear for insurance. My full coverage from Liberty Mutual is $30 a month w/ a $500 deductible. I'm a 30 y/o M in Michigan with MSF, new rider, no tickets. Gotta be honest, if I had to pay what a lot of you are, my bike would belong to someone else...

I'm 43. Ontario, Canada. Got my full M license 2 years ago. Full coverage with Allstate(I have all my insurance with them so i do get a discount), $650 a year. I thought that was a great price since Ontario is one of the highest places in the world to get insurance. switched from State Farm who wanted $1800 for the FZ07. was paying $450 a year for my 650 V Star.

Recently changed from Progressive to Esurance $649 for full year with 500 deductible. Progressive was givin 750 for same coverage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im at $60 and some change with my FZ under full coverage...and being 28 with a clean record and married. Supposedly have a "bundled Discount" through Progressive.

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

I'm in Quebec, Canada
Just got my second hand 2015 FZ07, 500$ deductible, 1 000 000$ civil and it costs me 560$/year and we can only ride about 8months per year...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Live in IN and have full coverage with Progressive, multiple bikes, $1000.00 deductable, $416.00 per year, no tickets for 15 years, no wrecks, 70 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who has had Dairyland and needed to make a claim? I'm curious as to what kind of experience people have had with them.

Germany (Frankfurt): Allianz with 5 years no damage past including partial casco (against hail damage or if someone steals it): € 183 for 1 year (~200 USD)

Anyone who has had Dairyland and needed to make a claim? I'm curious as to what kind of experience people have had with them.
I had two claims while I had a Ninja 300 (both not my fault, but still had to deal with Dairyland - rear ended and hit while parked) and they were EXCELLENT and EASY to work with.

(Also, since I haven't put my two cents in for the thread...)

-- Dairyland Insurance
-- FZ-07 and Wife's Rebel 250 (both full coverage)
-- $500 Deductable
-- $33/month

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

2015 fz07, 32 yrs old, clean record but new rider in Alberta, Canada. Class 6 for one year this month

AMA wanted $1000 for the year full coverage with 500 deductable

Got refered to Dalton timmis insurance group from my father.

$420 a year 500 deductable and if I do write her off ( hopefully never ) they spring for a brand new whatever year it is fz. Oh and that's a million liability also.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang!!! saw everyones prices on here and decided to get a new quote.

Im 24, single. was paying 128/month with progressive in northern CA along with 25/month for my car.

Moved to northern Utah paying 78 for the bike, and 70 for the car.

Just got a quote from dairyland for 128/YEAR for the bike, I'm going to call tomorrow and figure out what the car will cost through them also. I continued using progressive because when I had my ninja they where the cheapest. Only cost me 28 a month at 21. Thought the massive price difference was because I had to have comprehensive coverage for a financed bike, but this quote is with comprehensive. anyone else use dairyland? good experiences?

@67corvair - See my post two posts up. Great experience with Dairyland.

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

I thought I'd check Dairyland for insurance because of all the previous posts.

I was previously with Progressive for ~$750 for the year.

Dairyland got me the exact same coverage for ~225.

That should make up for the M4 exhaust I just bought :).

32 male, Mississippi , lots of tickets but no accidents ,really basic just to be legal coverage = $36/mo.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 24 years old, Single and several accidents & tickets on my record.. My previous policy was like $1500+ for the year.. after my deposit I was paying $95 a month for full coverage with a $1000 deductible through direct insurance.

F*CK THAT!!!!!

I got smarter this time around! Since my father and I have the same name I had him insure the bike in his name and since he is a married homeowner over 25 years old full coverage is only $406 for the year and my payment is only $38 a month with a $100 deductible w/ progressive since my dad is a USAA member

HOLY CRAP I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!

Guest 2wheeler

Another happy Dairyland customer - I pay $368/year and that is with me living in Washington DC area where the other companies jack the rates BIG TIME. I had Progressive for 2 weeks, and then switched to Foremost before Dairyland. Progressive was near $1500, and Foremost was initially $850, and then jacked it to $920 for my second year. That was when I contacted Dairyland.

I was told by Dairyland that it all comes down to them not considering the FZ-07 a sport bike while the other do.

I am 24 years old, Single and several accidents & tickets on my record.. My previous policy was like $1500+ for the year.. after my deposit I was paying $95 a month for full coverage with a $1000 deductible through direct insurance. 
F*CK THAT!!!!!

I got smarter this time around! Since my father and I have the same name I had him insure the bike in his name and since he is a married homeowner over 25 years old full coverage is only $406 for the year and my payment is only $38 a month with a $100 deductible w/ progressive since my dad is a USAA member

So...your dad has insurance on your bike?

Am I misunderstanding something here, or are you somehow still able to be covered as a driver on his policy?

I'm not one to judge and I've done plenty of questionable stuff, but if you ever actually try to use this insurance you WILL be found out. This is literally fraud. Man, always consider risk vs reward, and the penalty for this is way worse than saving 1000 dollars.

• 3 weeks later...
F*CK THAT!!!!!

I don't mean to piss on your Cheerios, but I'm going to. That's not quite how the insurance world works. Sure, you can get away with what you're doing, but you will be so far up poo creek if you need a claim for anything other than theft it's not even funny. While you and pops may have the same name, you have different birthdays , social security #'s , etc. Insurance companies are not blind to this. Also, they will get a copy of the police report which won't work out in your favor. Only thing that may help is if your insurance policy will cover anyone who happens to have their hands on the bars at the time... but most don't. I would just hate to see you with a no bike , all for saving a little $. Also, with your age , tickets and accidents, you should have kind of been prepared for this...

• 2 weeks later...

At one point when I was quoting Dairyland was very competitive. When it came time to order a policy I couldn't get monthly payments from dairyland under $130/month

I'm 29 years old and this is the first time I've had a motorcycle/insurance so I think I'm paying for that now.
Coverage is 25/50 with 25/50 uninsured added on
1k deductible that drops 25% per year without a claim.
My monthly payment is $83/month

Saw this on Reddit and thought it might help give some insight on insurance ratings for motorcycles. Of course, your location, age, driving record, motorcycle year/model, coverage levels, and other things will also affect your final cost.

Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20170105081126/http://learningcenter.statefarm.com/auto/vehicle-rating.html

Source:

You do you and I'll do me.

• Cruizin unpinned this topic

Archived