The MT-07 Forum

Full system with lower to middle volume

Naparider

I hoped to get some opinions maybe from someone who has heard multiple systems in person. With my loud helmet, anything over 45 mph and I can't hardly hear the motor to know when to shift. Yes I know I have a tach, but that requires looking down, and looking down at WOT is not always the best idea. I would like a nice low tone, and a little bit more volume, but I don't want to get a speeding ticket from the cop, who upon hearing me, had time to finish his coffee and donut before picking up the radar gun. (No offence to police officers)

I had a two brothers slip on for my DRZ-400, and it sounded pretty good, but I have to wonder if the yosh or the akro are worth the money, or too loud.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

Akrapovic titanium with the baffle left in place sounds exactly what you are looking for:
A good tone without being loud enough to wake the dead.
I have heard the Yoshimura without any dB-reducing baffle in place, and that was loud enough to wake the dead.In the next county.

• Premium Member

Anything with a baffle will probably satisfy you.

As far as I know, almost all of the exhaust offerings have a removable baffle of some sort. Nobody has reported that they didn't like the sound of their system either.

So that said, I would consider 2 points then, cost & aesthetics. The specific sound will be a surprise, but 99.999% likely not to disappoint.

Everything went braap.

As far as I know, almost all of the exhaust offerings have a removable baffle of some sort. Nobody has reported that they didn't like the sound of their system either.

So that said, I would consider 2 points then, cost & aesthetics. The specific sound will be a surprise, but 99.999% likely not to disappoint.
I agree with Hobbs. I have the SC Project exhaust and with the baffle out it's obnoxiously loud (louder most harley's i rode by). I keep the baffle in. It's perfect that way. Much Louder that the sewing machine that is the FZ-07's stock exhaust but not too too loud.... 

I agree with Hobbs. I have the SC Project exhaust and with the baffle out it's obnoxiously loud (louder most harley's i rode by). I keep the baffle in. It's perfect that way. Much Louder that the sewing machine that is the FZ-07's stock exhaust but not too too loud....
Same here, I have the Two Brother's

@Naparider, the solution is simple 
1) buy a better quality helmet. You can get quite good ones for $200. (http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/helmets_and_eyewear/closed_face/)
2) Wear earplugs - no seriously. It helps tremendously to hear the important things around you. 10 cents/pair

I have an Arai XD-4 helmet. Its a great helmet, just not so good in the noise department.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK

X2 on earplugs. Saves you from hearing loss also.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I listened to many different exhausts, and have leaned toward the akrapovic carbon. I want to keep the baffle in for sure to keep the noise down, but I listened to this video

I hope its not that buzzy with the baffle in.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

• Premium Member
I listened to many different exhausts, and have leaned toward the akrapovic carbon. I want to keep the baffle in for sure to keep the noise down, but I listened to this video 

I hope its not that buzzy with the baffle in.

You may want to verify, I think that as a full on racing system, that's one of the few without a removable baffle. I could be wrong though, but look into that.

Everything went braap.

Rode with earplugs today and I still couldn't hear my sewing machine over 40 mph. Definitely leaning toward an exhaust system.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

• Premium Member

I hate ear plugs. I haven't had a helmet that they fit nicely with, and I like to be able to hear my surroundings. I have an Akra Ti with baffle in and I love it. It sounds a lot like a Ducati to me. It is deep and low at low RPMs, and when decelerating has a nice low burble, but when accelerating at higher RPMs sounds a little higher and quieter (but still very nice).

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Leo vince sounds like a dream w/o the baffle... the sound characteristics alone cannot be described in words... one person described it as a v8 supercar sound if you want something to close compare it too  :D

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I hate ear plugs. I haven't had a helmet that they fit nicely with, and I like to be able to hear my surroundings. I have an Akra Ti with baffle in and I love it. It sounds a lot like a Ducati to me. It is deep and low at low RPMs, and when decelerating has a nice low burble, but when accelerating at higher RPMs sounds a little higher and quieter (but still very nice).

At this point, Im thinking of going with the dobeck stage 1 package with the akra carbon and ejk. Easy to just call them up and oder it all at once.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

Archived