The MT-07 Forum

Rearview camera?

Admiralxavier

Admiralxavier

Anyone knows of a rearview camera system for a bike? It would be very useful to have a wide eye camera in the back connected to a small LCD in the front to see what's behind you.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Here's what I'd do:

Get a cellphone mount for your motorcycle.

Get a WIFI enabled camera [Here is a good one for under $100]

Mount the camera and cellphone to your bike and link them. The camera can show you what you are shooting in real time with under a second of lag.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

You could always get a Skully helmet, if you have $1500 to throw around and are willing to wait for them to come out.

I mounted a car rear view camera on my Husky for the big Phillip Island trip. Treid it out and it was useless. The lens angle is so wide you can't distinguish any cars if they are furthur than 50' away. Couldn't even see Sally's bike WITH the headlight on once it was furthur than 50' back. Unless you can get a camera with a narrower lens it's a waste of money and time. Pity it would be a way better idea than the useless vibrating mirrors. IF you find one that can work PLEASE post, cause for touring they would be really helpful.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

I've seen rear view mirrors you could add to the top of wind shields, buuuut this is a naked bike and unless you purchase that too, you won't be able to use it. And that's if you can get the proper space/angle for it.

As much as you could add a camera and hook it up to your cell phone, your cell phone will get drained/over heat so fast doing something like that. 

Or you could just use what @mark uses. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Admiralxavier
I use a pair of highly reflective glass plates attached to the handle bars to see what is behind me.

I've never seen those. Do you have a link to the product?

When i had read the tittle, i was sure it was a joke. :D

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member
I use a pair of highly reflective glass plates attached to the handle bars to see what is behind me.

Pretty sure he's talking about the mirrors that come already mounted to the bike.

I don't have a problem with 'em, but I guess to some of you fellows they're useless.

Everything went braap.

Admiralxavier
Pretty sure he's talking about the mirrors that come already mounted to the bike.

I don't have a problem with 'em, but I guess to some of you fellows they're useless.

Oh. I thought those were made strictly to look at my own arms and shoulders.

• Premium Member

If you angle it right, you can probably check your moustache and teeth for bugs and debri as well.

Everything went braap.

The MT07 mirrors are pretty OK for motorcycle mirrors I found as the vibration is pretty minimal. EVEN without barweights.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived