The MT-07 Forum

New Member San Diego!

pH

fz.2.jpg?t=1433100252ca0a1c0b-3f68-4dc1-95ac-3152aaf9948c.jpgI wanted to introduce myself to the group.... I purchased my FZ-07 about 3 months ago after doing about 6-8 months of research. I've owned several bikes over my lifetime including Harley Wide Glide, Heritage Softail, Yamaha FZ 700, Kawasaki ZX7, CBR 929, 954 & 1000 as well as multiple dirt bikes. I've been riding for over 35 years. I am very familiar with power and speed but this time around my main consideration for purchasing this bike was to use as a commuter, my daily commute is 72 miles round trip and the gas for my truck was averaging $320.00 a month not to mention the 45-60 minutes with all the zombies on the the San Diego freeways. You cant beat the gas mileage on these things and the cost of ownership and maintenance were all factors. I currently average between 46-48 MPG. I averaged 51+ during the break in period only because I broke her in gently. It would have been nice if Yamaha made her with a larger tank - 2.7 gallons is just too small and I have to stop for gas twice a week. However I loves the lines and look of the bike, the first one I saw was a rapid red with some tasteful mods and I fell in love with it. This is my first "naked bike" and I thoroughly love her! The bike is an absolute joy to ride and plenty of power and torque. I often find myself on one wheel! My completed and pending projects are as follows:Completed:Vagabond rear brake reservoir relocation kitRear passenger peg removal1st service at 600 miles (DIY)Billet CNC bar end mirrors Moto-777 shorty brake/clutch leversVagabond tail tidy kitDB Power 12 LED turn signals Rhombic with holeTank decals
Pending:Leo Vince 2:1 full exhaustFabbri Gen-X sport screen - double satinedPowerbronze rear seat cowlradiator coveraxl sliders

I'm sure i'm forgetting something!!!

Here's a couple pictures I took on my way to work this morning. Enjoy and be safe out there!

fz.3.jpg?t=1433100012

img][img]

rotaryryan24

Welcome, what area of SD are you from?

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Welcome to the group! I am a new rider and am glad to see that experienced riders still choose to buy this bike. Affirms that I made a decent and hopefully long lasting purchase. I'm also from San Diego too, what are you in?

Frame sliders - check out OES.
Radiator cover - check out my DIY if you are feeling handy

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Thanks you guys, I'm in Escondido and work near Mission Bay. Is there an easy way to post these images, I'm having trouble for some reason. As soon as you attach it you should see it right? I just get a little text box with an X

I use photobucket to host the images then copy and paste their "forum link" data into my posts. No fee associated with using photobucket

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome pH! I share your joy in riding this bike. Thanks for joining.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

I always pop in to say hi to other SD riders, maybe I'll see you around but welcome to the forums.

• Premium Member

Nice color choice...just a Lil FYI the leovince exhaust has no " cat" installed cuz we are in the good ole USA...the exhaust needs the " cat" and baffle in run on the stock mapping... the " cat" part number is 6522k ( 50mm size).. I am ordering my " cat" on Friday...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Welcome!! I'm closer to North OC, but who knows, maybe one day I'll see you around! +1 on the white!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! The mods look good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
belleau1977

Where did you get the decals from? I've seen them before on a site but can't remember where it was now? The decals make the plain white tank pop even more. I bet your bike would look good with a white tail section.

• Premium Member

@phoutenbrink Since you spend so much time in the seat, may I also highly recommend you check out our supporting vendor Seat Concepts to upgrade your comfort level.

Archived