The MT-07 Forum

Help!! Black bolts!!

bigity

Hi everyone. I don't know what it is, but america loves shiny stuff. Personally. I don't like it. I saw the MT07 comes with black bolts. Looks so much better.

EBay and google didn't turn up any black bolt kits. Do any of you know of sources to get black replacement bolts. Specifically, NEED to replace all the headlight allen-head bolts. They are killing me.

Any help of sources greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

• Premium Member

black paint?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

The photos on the European Yamaha site has silver bolts at the top of the headlight. I think you will have to find a good hardware store and perhaps with a bit of luck they will have something that will work.

• Premium Member

Either that, or I'd find out the bolt specifications and buy the corresponding black version from one of the many fastener retailers.

I have yet to see such an item as European MT-07 bolts. I wager the demand is rather sparse.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

large flange button cap hex bolts M5x0.8 in black

If you find some let me know, ive been looking a while

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

bmwpowere36m3

If in fact its a MT-07 part... you should be able to check the EU/UK/etc... parts fiche online and cross-reference the P/N to the US one. I doubt you'll find that style of bolt at any local fastener supplier. If you find "black" allen bolts... their typically black-oxide and those will rust in a hurry. They are not the same as the "black" OE fasteners (which are more of an anodize).

I know there are some other black, flanged button-head socket cap (allen) bolts on the bike... maybe see if any of those will fit. Then just order those bolts.

• Premium Member

Could take your current hardware to someone who can powdercoat or anodize them maybe? Might try that myself this winter if the price is reasonable.

Everything went braap.

Huh, maybe I just happen to be looking at an MT that someone replaced the bolts on....

large flange button cap hex bolts M5x0.8 in black  
If you find some let me know, ive been looking a while

Thanks for the info, the search continues.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
black paint?
i know right?

-HowWorkClutch

bmwpowere36m3

You could try a sharpie as well... paint, enamel or lacquer will chip away when the fastener is tightened/loosened from the tool used on it.

• Premium Member
have you tried pro-bolt?
+1 Pro-Bolt has replacement bolts for just about everything on our bike, and you can even filter on our bike (can't remember if it was FZ-07 or MT-07) for available options

Why can't left turners see us?

Painted some of the bolts on top of the gas tank area with flat black rust oleum high heat spray paint and paint did not strip off with tool. Remove bolts, clean, tape off threads, paint, wait hours, reinstall. Just don't be a gorilla about putting them back on

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

If in the US, try mcmaster.com (McMaster-Carr), I use them all the time, for stainless. Also, there are a number of online specialty bolt vendors, too. On rare occasions I have to use them when M-C don't have something. However, you would have to take the bolts out you are planning to replace to size them--or check the Yami parts pdf and see if it notes the sizes. Best of luck.

Archived