The MT-07 Forum

Fabbri Gen-X regular screen vs. touring screen

stepside4x4

stepside4x4

Well, I have had the bike for the first 600 miles, and have determined that a windscreen is needed for highway riding. So I looked over the different options and I like what Fabbri has to offer with eh Gen-x but I can't decide between their two versions. Has anyone purchased the touring version of this screen? If so, what do you think of it? Both have a great look, my only worry with the smaller one is that it wouldn't cut the wind enough.

I have the touring version and I am very happy with it. I was in the same position you are about choosing between the 2. Then I thought to myself, if I want to block the wind why not get the larger version... It doesn't eliminate the wind blast. But it gets it off your chest and makes the bike easier to ride at highway speeds for longer distances. Also, if you have a lower rise bar you can tuck easily behind the screen to virtually elminate the wind blast for as long as you are comfortable in that tuck position. Hope this helps.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

I started with the sport version, and have now ended up with the touring version. It does make the bike more comfortable to ride on the highway for longer rides at those speeds. And i think it still looks great too!

captainbeard714

Haha. Literally just ordered the touring version in Satin black last night. Don't really like the looks of any windscreens, but I felt like this one in the touring edition/ satin black was the best mixture of function/ bad ass looks, kind of. Should hopefully not take away from the naked/ stealth them. Going to try it out on some longer rides coming up, but mainly got it for my California to Alaska ride. Will probably take the screen off whenever Im home riding around town.

stepside4x4

For this of you that have ordered the touring version, could you take some pictures and upload them so I can see more how it looks?

• Premium Member

[attachment id=380" thumbnail="1]

Sorry for the poor lighting, but I have the touring screen and couldn't be happier. It's tall enough to actually make a difference on the highway but but ridiculous looking. 

[attachment id=377" thumbnail="1]

fooschnickens

I went with the touring model as well, still waiting on the payment email from PJ's, placed the order on the 25th and still nothing :\\

Doesn't help they're the only US distributor for them.

stepside4x4

Thanks for all the pictures guys, I think I have definitely decided on the touring version! Any ideas as to why you haven't had the payment email fooschnickens? Has anyone had any other problems with this distributor?

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

I was very happy with my transaction with PJs. Check the website, will esplain why you dont have the email yet. Should be mon,tues
[attachment id=381" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

[attachment id=382" thumbnail="1][attachment id=383" thumbnail="1][attachment id=384" thumbnail="1][attachment id=385" thumbnail="1]
Here is a couple more pics of the windscreen

Good choice; if you're looking to block wind the smaller version won't help. I bought it for looks and that's all it's good for.

fooschnickens
I was very happy with my transaction with PJs. Check the website, will esplain why you dont have the email yet. Should be mon,tues
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="381]

Must have had the old header image cached in my browser, I definitely would have noticed that message. No harm, really. It's been raining here so much I wouldn't have missed it not being installed :P

Archived