The MT-07 Forum

RAM mount your phone and accessories!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
http://s5.postimg.org/6eqf5uczr/IMG_20150419_WA0004.jpg 
This is my Ram mount X grip. Works awesome. Holds very well with no worry of it coming off. This is also the reason why i leave my windscreen on too so its protected from bugs and debris.
Can you post details on how you got the mount in this location?  which brackets and whatnot you used?  I want to add a ram mount in this same location.  How difficult is it to get to the key with the phone there? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
Yamaha has one too and it's water resistant. The description says it's for a FZ-09 but it's in the FZ-07 section.
I love that Yamaha uses a 15 year old PDA to display their phone /accessory mount

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

The mount only came with 2 brackets. Small and large. I will take some close up pics and post them for you. From there you should have no problem mounting it. As far as getting to the key, if you have a windscreen such as the one i have, i have to turn my hand to the side to reach it to turn and take it out. Not a big thing to me as long as i can get to it. If you don't have a screen then it should be no problem. Check out the video I posted riding down the coast. You can clearly see it while riding. Its perfectly solid and I have absolutely no worries of it coming off. I would be concerned with it being mounting portrait style as the weight and bouncing of the phone could cause the grip to fail. Having it mounted sideways more than reassures its not going anywhere. I have the Note 4 with Tech 21 case.

http://fz07.org/thread/2611/ride-pacific-coast-hwy?page=1&scrollTo=37491

• Premium Member

I was looking into the Ram set up, After buying my Sena, I don't think I will be buying this anytime soon, unless I get from wife for Christmas.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Thanks for the close up pictures. I saw a kit at cycle gear that had those same pieces i just was not sure how well it would work on the FZ07. That is the exact location i want to put my phone to protect it behind the wind screen.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

The kit you're looking at is the same kit i got from cyclegear more then likely. This is how i mounted it and its absolutely solid. only thing i had to do is cut the zip tie that holds the electrical cable to mount the clamp and re zip tie it.

I put on the Ram mount that goes on the brake fluid reservior.  I had to shorten the bolts and grind down the spacers to make it fit.  I shortened the bolts by slightly more than 0.5 inch and I ground down the spacers to make them fit.  

20150516_172651_zpst9la4kd6.jpg
20150516_175715_zps8siy4g4l.jpg20150516_175802_zpsylh62z2o.jpg20150516_175943_zpsqefjxfaa.jpg

fooschnickens

I had considered going that route, but I foresaw having to do the same mods that you did and just went with the bar clamp. I love how modular the RAM system is, though. I may try to make something fancy at a later date that will sit below the cluster instead of above it.

20150513_184819_zpswfspjbw8.jpg20150513_184903_zps84vm1ejn.jpg
20150513_184839_zpslx0bzmds.jpg

I want exactly this! Precisely what parts did you have to buy to get that? And that video was really awesome by the way, the one your daughter made. Pretty sure I have the same helmet she was wearing.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try the RAM mount M6 screw with ball? I think the bolt that holds the bike's screen/dash to its mount is an M6 bolt.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I'm probably the minority but I when my ram mount xgrip arrived I felt like it was too flimsy to trust my phone in. I returned it and got the finger mount instead. The finger mount isn't as easy to adjust on the fly to fit different phones, but the phone is in the mount solid like a rock, no tether needed.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy
I'm probably the minority but I when my ram mount xgrip arrived I felt like it was too flimsy to trust my phone in. I returned it and got the finger mount instead. The finger mount isn't as easy to adjust on the fly to fit different phones, but the phone is in the mount solid like a rock, no tether needed.

The Xgrip is solid. I've been on plenty of rides with my NOTE 4 attached. Because the way I have it mounted to hold my phone sideways, there's really no way that the phone could come out of the grip of the mount. 

• Premium Member
n2shotokai
Anyone try the RAM mount M6 screw with ball? I think the bolt that holds the bike's screen/dash to its mount is an M6 bolt.
I used this onehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TRIY4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01 I attached to the instrument cluster bolt on one side and on the other side I mounted my usb. Worked perfect.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGHFGTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
Covered those wires with black shrink tube and no one is the wiser!
Ditto on the X mount. Sideways and the phone is going no where.

fooschnickens

I've taken my bike up to 90mph and my phone didn't do so much as budge. So long as you glue the rubber fingers in place, your phone is going nowhere.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I am an early adopter of technology and I used to be a moto warrior (30k miles per year. No car. Lots of road trips)

I gave up on gadgets. I always found a way to break them.

Besides the loss of thousands of dollars in technology, there is the welcome separation from modern life. Once you get out there for a few days and get lost, it's hard to come back to the asinine, mundane, and fruitless endeavor that is modern life.

It's a shame that more people don't exit thier comfort zone for a chance to roam without a clue. Once you shed the burden of too-much-information, you'll find a whole other planet under your feet. It's always been there but it's hard to notice it with all these techno-toys stealing your senses.

I'll be on the road for 8 days starting Friday night and I'm just wallowing in the pre-ride joy. Sorry if this seems like a rant.

-HowWorkClutch

• 1 month later...
jeepinbassist
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ram-mounts-universal-cell-phone-holder-kit?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=869153&gclid=CLXS7sSfz8UCFdKFfgodDAYAwg 
This is exactly what you need. Just install according to my pics and you're good. Holds very well and won't slip out because it holds the phone sideways.

Before I order this I just wanted to make sure there isn't a bigger mount for the Note 4. Will this one work?

• Premium Member

You don't need a bigger one. This one works. This is exactly what I use for my NOTE 4. Its also in the pictures previously in this post. I've since then removed the screen and there are no worries of it going anywhere. I've had the bike at all kinds of speeds and wind and it doesn't budge. I also got a usb power port to go with it to charge the phone connected straight to the battery.

jeepinbassist
You don't need a bigger one. This one works. This is exactly what I use for my NOTE 4. Its also in the pictures previously in this post. I've since then removed the screen and there are no worries of it going anywhere. I've had the bike at all kinds of speeds and wind and it doesn't budge. I also got a usb power port to go with it to charge the phone connected straight to the battery.

Ok thanks.

fooschnickens
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ram-mounts-universal-cell-phone-holder-kit?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=869153&gclid=CLXS7sSfz8UCFdKFfgodDAYAwg 
This is exactly what you need. Just install according to my pics and you're good. Holds very well and won't slip out because it holds the phone sideways.
Before I order this I just wanted to make sure there isn't a bigger mount for the Note 4. Will this one work?
You should be able to look on the ram mount site, they list the dimensions and which devices will work with which X-mounts. 

Yamaha has one too and it's water resistant. The description says it's for a FZ-09 but it's in the FZ-07 section.

I've got this system on my bike and looks great.

I upgrade my phone to the iPhone 6 so, I just had to but the new case from BioLogic to house it.

PS The BioLogic case is waterproof, shockproof and dust proof so perfect for motorcycling. Just not very partial for day to day use... Too bulky.

• 3 months later...
http://s5.postimg.org/6eqf5uczr/IMG_20150419_WA0004.jpg 
This is my Ram mount X grip. Works awesome. Holds very well with no worry of it coming off. This is also the reason why i leave my windscreen on too so its protected from bugs and debris.
Can you post details on how you got the mount in this location?  which brackets and whatnot you used?  I want to add a ram mount in this same location.  How difficult is it to get to the key with the phone there?
That's An Excellent Idea.  Is it hard to reach the ignition? 

Archived