The MT-07 Forum

'How To' use your FZ-07 Auxiliary DC connector

Guru

@myrcode  
How do you have the usb part attached to the bike? I just purchased all the parts and will be doing this myself soon.
I removed that center plastic piece and drilled two holes into it and fastened the USB port using some metric fasteners and hex nuts with loctite.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Not sure that i'm comfortable with drilling. I have the same Fabbri windscreen and you and I used to have some 3M dual lock velcro on the underside of it to hold my garage door opener. I think I may go that route. It held up for over a year (only reason it still isn't there is because I went down and the screen broke) and it stayed in place at speed and in the rain.

Not sure that i'm comfortable with drilling. I have the same Fabbri windscreen and you and I used to have some 3M dual lock velcro on the underside of it to hold my garage door opener. I think I may go that route. It held up for over a year (only reason it still isn't there is because I went down and the screen broke) and it stayed in place at speed and in the rain.
Yeah...I wanted something more secure....and that replacement plastic piece isn't too expensive.  It is a pain in the butt to get to, though.

Archived